trade for Brady... WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

trade for Brady... WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

trade for Brady... WHIR

Postby Fuqyu » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Hey guys, I am currently loaded at RB and am thinking about targeting Brady. The player with him is willing to trade, but I might be forced to give up a good bit. However, I am stacked at RB, and he is very thin there (just lost Charles), so I think I can swing the trade. The scoring is non-ppr, standard scoring, 4 pts per passing TD.

Here are the rosters:
Mine:

QB - Rex Grossman, Was / Sam Bradford, StL / Peyton Manning, Ind (I know I need to drop him)
RB - Michael Turner, Atl / Frank Gore, SF / Mike Tolbert, SD / James Starks, GB / Ladainian Tomlinson, NYJ
WR - Reggie Wayne, Ind / AJ Green, Cin / Malcolm Floyd, SD / Braylon Edwards, SF
TE - Tony Gonzalez, Atl

I won't bother with kickers, defense

His:

QB - Tom Brady, NE
RB - Joseph Addai, Ind / Pierre Thomas, NO / Jason Snelling, Atl / Roy Helu, Was
WR - Dwayne Bowe, KC / Hines Ward, Pit / Deion Branch, NE / Donald Driver, GB / Early Doucet, Ari / Brandon Lafell, Car
TE - Vernon Davis, SF / Tony Scheffler, Det

I am thinking of offering him Gore, Gonzo, Bradford, and Floyd for Brady, Bowe, Davis. Would I be giving up too much? I would be getting the QB I need, while only giving up one good back. It would be a toss up on who gets the edge between the TE and WR trade, but I think they both will break out later in the season. I am targeting Davis for certain because he is on one of they guy's bench. Any thoughts?
Fuqyu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: trade for Brady... WHIR

Postby loudog561@J » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:43 pm

I would do it if you can pull it off. Brady looks like a machine this year and V Davis and Bowe are good buy lows right now. The only problem I have is that your betting on Starks and Tolbert as your RB2 for the rest of the season which is somewhat risky.

viewtopic.php?t=498202#p3351978
loudog561@J
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wallyrus » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:04 pm

This will probably be tough to make in a way that you'll come away feeling great about. I see something like Bradford/Gore for Brady. If you make a trade you won't look as strong at RB, and will depend on riskier plays at the position. If I could swing seomthing like the above though I'd still do it though - I was high on Brady before the year began and like him even more now.
Help me? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=498208
wallyrus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby schmidty » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:48 pm

If you can pull off your suggested trade, I like it. Brady's value is sky-high ... but the guy is clearly RB desperate. And Gore for Brady (as the core of the trade) is certainly reasonable. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he wants more, since the other components of the trade seem to tilt even more value your way (especially if he's savvy to your "buy-low" targets). It can't hurt to offer it and see where things go.

Help in return? viewtopic.php?t=498255
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)

Postby ukjohn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:50 am

not sure the owner with Brady would be willing to give up Bowe also. I like the suggested trade you made though. Brady really puts you over the top I think

help?

viewtopic.php?t=498448
ukjohn
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions