Witten and Wayne for Fitz? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Witten and Wayne for Fitz?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Witten and Wayne for Fitz?

Postby mpapa720 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:37 pm

I was offered Wayne and Witten for my Fitzgerald, Dickson, and Kolb. I'm leaning towards taking this deal, but I just wanted to get other opinions. I figured Wayne and Witten's production would more than make up for losing Fitz. Am i right?

We start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE, 1D/ST, 1K

My current roster:

QBs - Stafford, Kolb
RBs - D. Will, Tolbert, J. Harrison, R. Williams
WRs - Fitz, Nicks, Sanders, Evans, LaFell
TEs - Winslow, Dickson
D/ST - Philly
K - J. Brown

His current roster:

QBs - Cutler, Henne, A. Smith
RBs - Blount, Karim, Spiller
WRs - Wayne, M. Williams, S. Moss, Bennett, Cobb
TEs - V. Davis, Witten
D/ST - Chicago
K - M. Bryant
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Witten and Wayne for Fitz?

Postby rbem84 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Wow, this is a tough one. Witten is a solid upgrade over Dickson and Winslow and Wayne is only a small downgrade from Fitz but Wayne's value depends a lot on Kerry Collins's health. Do you have a good QB option on waivers to replace Kolb?
rbem84
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mpapa720 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:55 pm

There's not really much out there on waivers. I was just thinking of picking up Shaun Hill if Stafford gets hurt. I could also ask him to send me Henne along with Witten and Wayne.
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rbem84 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:03 pm

I would definitely do this trade if he would add in Henne. Without Henne, it's a tough call. You're banking on Stafford staying healthy and continuing to play well. The former is a crapshoot in football but the latter is probably a good bet with the way the Lions look this season. I'd probably make the trade even without Henne but I'd try to talk him into Henne first.
rbem84
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rbem84 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 pm

You can tell this is a tough one because I'm already second guessing my answer and it's not even my team. I just don't know about Fitz for Wayne. Wayne has some questions due to the Colts' offense and Fitz is elite, even if he hasn't been playing up to that level so far. On second thought, I think I would make this trade only if Henne is included.
rbem84
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mpapa720 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Yeah I'm strongly leaning towards taking it, because I think Witten is a beast. His production can make up the difference between Fitz and Wayne imo. Plus, since I have Nicks, he could slide into my WR1 slot and Wayne could be my WR2.
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mpapa720 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:18 pm

If only there was a way for me to upgrade my RBs. This is a 16-team league so it's tough to not have any weaknesses in my lineup. So far Tolbert has been holding me up in the RBs dept. Hopefully D. Will can start picking up some of the slack. I'm pretty satisfied everywhere else at the moment, especially with the upgrade at TE.
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ColtStubs » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm

I would def not take that. Romo is kind of hurt so has potential to get hurt again (Last Year), Winslow is a beast, you dont need Witten. Wayne for Fitz, hell no, Kerry Collins sucks for Indy. Fitz is guaranteed to perform, Wayne is not. If Manning was in, I would say hell yeah. IMO.
ColtStubs
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mpapa720 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 pm

Hey colt, I see your point about Romo getting hurt. However, Witten benefitted the most from Romo getting hurt. Austin was the one that hurt the most when Romo got hurt. Witten's production actually went up once Romo went down last year.
mpapa720
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby sweettortilla » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Yes I would do this. No, I wouldn't. Dang, this is a tough one. I would like to say that Wayne is going to keep getting steady production as Collins and him start to figure things out but I'm just not sure. Fitz is your one WR on your roster with big game potential. He could really explode as he and Kolb get their chemistry together. Probably would stay put, but it's close (if he throws in Henne.)
sweettortilla
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions