Who's in / Who's out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who's in / Who's out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BradtheImpaler » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:58 pm

well im 5-8 in my "friends league" where we all make the playoffs, so it looks like i might face the 2nd or 3rd seed in round 1. that team is somewhat studly, and i think i could win the whole damn thing(im 3rd in points scored in the league, but tied for last place :-° )
that teams roster looks like this......
Pennington Hasselbeck
Portis Mcallister J Jackson Dillon Betts Zeroue Q Griffin
S Moss Coles D Jackson K Robinson Burress Chambers
Kliensasser Shockey
Kasay
Chad Brown Keith Bulluck Scott Fujita Andre Davis

as for my other league which is a random league, i am 5-7-1 and will make the consolation playoffs, and compete for 5th place or higher if memory serves me right....i dont feel that that team has that good of a chance, however i do have marshall/dd/hines ward....so its possible those 3 cats could carry me.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby paperbags » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:12 pm

7-6 with the 4 seed in the big 14 team $$$ league. Clinched it this week with a little help from my friends D-jax, LT, and Chad Johnson. After Garcia's horrible performance I am just going to sit back and see who the 49er's go with as the QB if they start Rattay, I do. If they start Garcia, I will start Carter.

14 team league
QB-Garcia, Rattay, Carter
RB-LT, Ricky,K Faulk, Barlow
WR- C Johnson, DJax, Wayne, Engram
K-Carney and Cundiff
D-SF
paperbags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cnewby » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:20 pm

I have made a 6 week run(6-0) to the top, winning the regular season @ 9-3. Time to suit up for the playoffs....
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:19 pm

I lost this week...but with help next week I'll be in at 7-6-1....it's like our league is the AFC North of fantasy football.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Stingy D » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:44 am

take_that wrote:I clinched the #1 playoff spot with an unexpected victory over the highest scoring team in our league. Lost first two games so i hit the WW hard and found T. Holt in week 5 and J. Kitna around week 7 and the resurgance of Marshal Marshal Marshal in week 10. All of that gives me 10 straight wins and Im sitting on cloud nine at least for 2 weeks until the playoffs start in week 15.

Holt on the WW?!?!? Man, that's a gem. I drafted him in the 5th round in my money league. He has been gangbusters (though I traded him and Zereoue for Deuce and Lelie, which was a good deal for me).

I drafted Kitna, but dropped him when the Bungles started horribly. He'd be my #1 starter today. Ya never know... ;o)

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Stingy D » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:52 am

I am all over the map. Injuries, mainly, have lead to amazing disparities in my various fantasy leagues. I have one normal Yahoo! team sitting at 1-10-1. In my money league, I finished 3rd in my division, and won in Round 1 of the playoffs. In a keeper league, though my team is not super, I am in clear 2nd. The other 4 guys in places 1-5 have considerably more points than I. I got hot at the right time, and had managed some earlier squeaky wins.

I'd like to think of myself as a FF genius, and just blame the bad records on bad luck. But it might not be that simple. ;-)

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FF Newbie » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:00 am

Lost first two games so i hit the WW hard and found T. Holt in week 5 and J. Kitna around week 7 and the resurgance of Marshal Marshal Marshal in week 10.
You're bragging about finding Holt, Kitna, and Faulk on your league's waiver wire? Yeah, that's really hitting it hard bud. Way to go. <watches plain go by overhead>
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KnightWhoSaysNi » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:08 am

I had a good run at the end, winning six in a row - I finished 11-3, division winner and overall top seed. Not bad for my first year!

Ni!

KwsN
KnightWhoSaysNi Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby take_that » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:29 am

Let me clear things up for all of you. I drafted Marshal Faulk in the first round. Played him first three games .. he got hurt as everyone knows so i picked up rudi and used hearst and rode a. green to get me to week 10 when marshal started playing again.

i did pick up kitna in week 7. its not like people are rushing to get a cinci qb. i looked at his stats and took a chance. i drafted mcnabb and brady but traded mcnabb early for k. barlow (dumb) because he wasnt doing anything. i need another qb bcuz bradys bye was coming up so i picked up kitna.

holt .. ok this was a steal. he was drafted by another team but for some reason this guy dropped him and i just happed to be looking out there in week 5 and saw him plain as day. the guy later said he didnt mean to drop him but i think he did bcuz he dropped him after holt scored only 6 ffp for him and he had him on the bench that week anyway.

my league is tough, last year i tied for last so its not like im playing with old woman and kids. all men over 21, most with BA, BS, and even MS. Hopefully this will clear some things up. sorry for the confusion.
Fantasy Bowl Champs: Skinz(12-3) 11 Coaches

T.Brady, J.Kitna
A.Green, M.Faulk, R.Johnson, G.Hearst, A.Harris
T.Holt, A.Boldin, J.Smith, D.Driver
B.Miller, D.Graham
G. Anderson
Chiefs, Vikes
Ray Lewis, Mike Barrow, Champ Baley
take_that
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby thelongestyard » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:46 am

Four leagues:

Solidified the last playoff spot at 8-5 in one league this week. Tied for first at 9-4, with three teams at 8-5 in a Cafe keeper league. Have scraped and clawed the last three weeks to get back in to contention for the last playoff spot (tied with three other teams at 7-6), in a third. My fourth, another Cafe league, is destined to be a mess in the race for the last playoff spot. Three teams have clinched at 9-4, two of us at 7-6, and two at 6-7. The other 7-6 team plays one 7-6 team, and I line up vs. one of the 9-4 teams. Gonna be a wild ride. B-)
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk