Serious RB problems. HELP! Whir. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Serious RB problems. HELP! Whir.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Serious RB problems. HELP! Whir.

Postby twes » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:53 pm

My roster is in my signature. My main problem is with Foster... When will he be healthy? Will he be getting a solid amount of carries even if he starts? Will he be faced with splitting carries with Tate?

Im confident in Peyton Hillis to put up numbers worth of being a low RB1 high RB2, but for now I really don’t have a solid back up.

Any advice as to how I should remedy this situation?

Should I try to trade a player on my roster for someone like Thomas Jones or Daniel Thomas? Or should I snag someone off the waiver wires? Notable players I could get off the WW are Michael Bush, Tomlinson, McCluster.

Thanks for the help! WHIR, please leave link ;-D
2011-2012 Des Moines Fantasy Football League Champion
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Serious RB problems. HELP! Whir.

Postby dilhan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:20 pm

twes wrote:My roster is in my signature. My main problem is with Foster... When will he be healthy? Will he be getting a solid amount of carries even if he starts? Will he be faced with splitting carries with Tate?

Im confident in Peyton Hillis to put up numbers worth of being a low RB1 high RB2, but for now I really don’t have a solid back up.

Should I try to trade a player on my roster for someone like Thomas Jones or Daniel Thomas? Or should I snag someone off the waiver wires? Notable players I could get off the WW are Michael Bush, Tomlinson, McCluster.

Well I I don't think Foster will be playing this week, kubiak said he won't be playing foster until he is back at 100%. Maybe if you can get a hold of tate until then? Tate is a solid start until Foster can return and will serve as great insurance if foster gets hurt again. Once Foster returns and is healthy, I think he will get the majority of carries and serve as a true number 1 running back to your team.

I don't know if I would trade for Jones or Thomas at the moment, because right now people will most probably be attempting to sell them high (their values both just went up). I don't really like your waiver wire options and also in some leagues McCluster is a wr.

Basically I say try gunning for Tate, but do not over value him and pay too steep of a price. I'm just saying Tate because he is probably the cheapest of any other "respectable" back out there and he is also great insurance for Foster.

Good Luck
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=498295
.5 ppr - 10 man league
Qb: Cam Newton/Tony Romo
Rb: Matt Forte/Marshawn Lynch/Benjarvus Green-Ellis/Stevan Ridley/Donald Brown
Wr: Jordy Nelson/Percy Harvin/Eric Decker/Brian Hartline/Kenny Britt
Te: Aaron Hernandez
Kicker: Tynes
Def/St: Vikings
dilhan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby twes » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:27 pm

dilhan wrote:
twes wrote:My roster is in my signature. My main problem is with Foster... When will he be healthy? Will he be getting a solid amount of carries even if he starts? Will he be faced with splitting carries with Tate?

Well I I don't think Foster will be playing this week, kubiak said he won't be playing foster until he is back at 100%. Maybe if you can get a hold of tate until then? Tate is a solid start until Foster can return and will serve as great insurance if foster gets hurt again. Once Foster returns and is healthy, I think he will get the majority of carries and serve as a true number 1 running back to your team.

I don't know if I would trade for Jones or Thomas at the moment, because right now people will most probably be attempting to sell them high (their values both just went up). I don't really like your waiver wire options and also in some leagues McCluster is a wr.

Basically I say try gunning for Tate, but do not over value him and pay too steep of a price. I'm just saying Tate because he is probably the cheapest of any other "respectable" back out there and he is also great insurance for Foster.

Good Luck
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=498295

Would Mike Williams for Ben Tate be fair?
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dilhan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Hmmm, well Mike Williams is probably worth more (I'm not a great trade guy) but your wrs (Britt and Nicks) look good and I would start those 2 over Williams in almost any matchup barring injury to either of them. Mike Williams is a more inconsistent wr and I don't like him much (I'm a Falcons fan though, so take that with a grain of salt :-) )

Honestly if I were in your situation I would probably go for the trade but I would also look for a second opinion, as I don't quite know the value of Mike Williams.

Best of luck
.5 ppr - 10 man league
Qb: Cam Newton/Tony Romo
Rb: Matt Forte/Marshawn Lynch/Benjarvus Green-Ellis/Stevan Ridley/Donald Brown
Wr: Jordy Nelson/Percy Harvin/Eric Decker/Brian Hartline/Kenny Britt
Te: Aaron Hernandez
Kicker: Tynes
Def/St: Vikings
dilhan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cleokatrah » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Which Williams are we talking about here? For either one of them, their value is at best mediocre right now while Tate's is at a high. You will have to give up Nicks or Britt for him, guaranteed. This won't be a bad thing if there are viable WRs on the WW. Dropping Garcon for Decker/Nelson/Moore and trading Britt/Hicks for Tate might not look appealing, but you'll have to gauge that yourself.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ddog0587 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Simple advice would be Drop Spiller for Tomlinson or Bush and Garcon for D. Nelson/Burleson. Id trade Nicks over Britt. Going against Philly this week and with Hixon and MAnnignham out for now WR depth is low and Nicks will command more defensive attention, My .02
QBs: T. Brady
RBs: R. Rice/ L. McCoy/Chris Johnson/Kevin Smith
WRs: Stevie Johnson/Andre Johnson/J. Maclin/G. Jennings/V. Cruz/M. Colston
TEs: J. Graham/A. Gates
K: J. Hanson
DEF: Chicago
Ddog0587
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby twes » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm

BUMP!

The guy I tried to trade with declined. I tried to give him Mike Williams for Ben Tate. Should I try to counter offer or target a different RB?

WHIR 100%
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cleokatrah » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:32 pm

I think you are either going to have to wait until Mike Williams has trade value, assuming you've got the TB one and not the Seattle one, or bundle him up with Gronkowski and try again.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Who to Start/Bench