TRADE: Vick, Big Ben, Bowe, Dez, Meachem WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

TRADE: Vick, Big Ben, Bowe, Dez, Meachem WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

TRADE: Vick, Big Ben, Bowe, Dez, Meachem WHIR

Postby wad3g » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:29 pm

My Current team is in my signature, and in our league it's 6 points for a passing TD, otherwise, standard scoring in a 12-team league.

I Give: Ben Roethlisberger + Dez Bryant + Robert Meachem

I Get: Michael Vick + Dwayne Bowe

I'm wanting to upgrade at QB, and also sell Meachem while Colston is still injured. There are obvious injury concerns for each QB (Roethlisberger & Vick), and I'm not a Dwayne Bowe fan either. However, I think Bowe should be fine for a WR3. My main problem is I'm worried about getting rid of Dez Bryant who has top 10 potential, especially with Miles Austin sidelined for the next couple of weeks. That is, in fact, if Dez himself can stay healthy.

What do y'all think of this trade? Give me some feedback and I'll help you on your questions in return.
QB: Ben Roethlisburger
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Robert Meachem
RB: Darren McFadden, Michael Bush
RB: Michael Turner, Daniel Thomas, Ryan Torain
TE: Jimmy Graham
wad3g
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: TRADE: Vick, Big Ben, Bowe, Dez, Meachem WHIR

Postby rclement3915 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:38 pm

I'd do it.

I have all 3 as well... And with Calvin J and Maclin along with Bowe you should be set at WR.

Vick, despite being an injury concern is a huge upgrade over Ben.
rclement3915
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby wad3g » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I do agree with you, but one concern I have it not having a viable back-up at WR whether it be for bye weeks, or injury.

Our waiver wire is bare, so there isn't exactly much room on there to add a WR I'd feel comfortable starting.
wad3g
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cleokatrah » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:54 pm

I am the only person on Earth not sold on Dez Bryant this year. And trust me, I hope that I am wrong. Dez makes mistakes. He makes more mistakes than Witten or Austin, and possibly more than Ogletree. He is a great athlete, he's exciting, and a playmaker. But right now, and for the next few weeks, Romo needs to get rid of the ball quickly to avoid as much contact as he can. He's going to give Dez his opportunities but if Dez doesn't produce, he'll look elsewhere and I think Dez's looks will suffer a bit with Romo's injury. Dallas will be trying hard as hell to establish the run. They will be using the crap out of Witten and short passes. Bryant will have his big games but I don't think he will be consistent enough to live up to the hype. Next year, though...

I like the trade. A healthy Vick can put up the points of all three of those players, combined. Bowe can only improve while Meachem's value can easily decrease with the return of Moore and later, Colston. He already has to compete with Henderson, let alone competing with all three. Bowe on the other hand will always be the main guy.

A very easy yes for me. I wouldn't worry about WR depth when your QB can make up the deficit.

Help mine please: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=498340
Last edited by Cleokatrah on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Those About To Rock » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:55 pm

I would lay the hammer down on this, absolutely.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Rabid58 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Hey thanks for the help on mine!

But yeah i agree i would definitely go for it! Robert Meachem hasn't and won't do much especially when Colston comes back. Bowe has been off to a slow start but look at what he did last year! He turned into a complete animal! And i'd chose Vick over Big Ben any day, without a doubt! And yes it's a blow to lose Dez Bryant but you're getting Bowe in return and Bryant hasn't been healthy lately. When he played week 1 with his hamstring injury he was sooo sluggish and slow so even if he were to play with an injury he wouldn't do too much! Go for it!
Rabid58
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigdogg712 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:08 pm

well first off, i like you team alot!!

second, I would take it. You dont really downgrade that much at WR, and vick is a HUGE step over big ben. take him up on it!!

help me out as well please!!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498353
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby wad3g » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks for the input so far. I'm going to work my way around and respond to all of your posts as well.

One dillema I'm worried about right now is having Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu, and Michael Bush on my bench. I'm obviously going to keep them all, and Michael Bush for the sole reason that I'm not sure Darren McFadden will be able to stay healthy over the course of an entire season. Eventually I'd like to trade Daniel Thomas and/or Roy Helu to improve my WR depth, but in order to do that I'm going to have to hold onto them for several weeks and hope they produce some points.

I like my team as well, but I'm constantly trying to improve my starting line-up. I landed, what I hope, is a complete steal in a trade yesterday. I sold high on LeGarrette Blount and Jonathan Stewart and landed Michael Turner. I just hope this potential trade doesn't come back and bite me if Vick goes down for an extended amount of time. The plus side though is that with the Steelers terrible offensive line I don't think there's a chance Ben Roethlisberger lasts for the entire season.

Thanks again for the feedback, but keep it coming! Lol.
wad3g
Water Boy
Water Boy