Want to get rid of Clark..WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Want to get rid of Clark..WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Want to get rid of Clark..WHIR

Postby nkjordan2323 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:39 pm

I am in a 12 team keeper PPR league where you do not need TE's specifically. I really want to unload Dallas Clark, but cant figure out who to target or what hes worth at the moment. Someone can obviously keep him for next year when Manning returns and thats the selling point. Im lookin to target another slow starter maybe with more upside?

Possible targets:

Gronkowski
Burleson - I have Calvin starting so it would be a handcuff and nice depth
Mike Williams (Tampa Bay) and off to a slow start

Any suggestions?
nkjordan2323
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Want to get rid of Clark..WHIR

Postby farrell_i » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:50 pm

I don't think you're going to get Gronkowski unless you have to overpay for him. If you don't have to start a TE, why don't you just bench Dallas Clark for someone else? And what are the keeper rules of your leauge? Would someone actually keep a TE not named Gates?

Burleson is fun. I have him and am hoping he brings it together. Can't say I'd hold my breath. If you can pry Williams away for a buy low, that would be good too. I don't think you're going to be able to trade Clark for any value though.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498374
farrell_i
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby nkjordan2323 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:55 pm

The keeper rules are you can keep two players. The catch is its an auction league so your keepers value carries over + $1. Clark was cheap because someone dropped him last year with no intentions of keeping him so i snagged him up since my team stunk. Its a large incentive for someone who may not feel good about their squad to take him on for next year when Manning returns.
nkjordan2323
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby toobitter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:02 pm

my favorite TE at the moment is jimmy graham, but i don't think you'll get somebody like him for clark straight up anymore.
perhaps go after a guy like pettigrew. he's had a slow start, but should eventually get big numbers from stafford. and you could probably get something else from his owner as clark for petti ain't too close in value.

lil' help
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=498389
toobitter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions