More WR advice.. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

More WR advice.. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

More WR advice.. WHIR

Postby osbtensor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:03 pm

okay the other day I ask about picking up o. daniels and which WR of a certain bunch to keep. I've decided tomorrow (waiver time) i will grab daniels, really have no choice with hernandez injured. Today someone dropped j. jones and added more to my dilemma...

right now the plan is drop m. manningham and j. nelson and pickup o. daniels and j. jones.

players involved: m. manningham, j. jones, n. burleson, j. nelson, o. daniels, f. davis, d. keller

I get to keep two of these and right now my TE is inuried so I have to fill one of these two slots with a TE.

i've somewhat covered this topic before, but any continued help (or new) would be much appreciated. leave a link and i'll return the favor!

----------------------------

10 team ppr, points only
1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1def, 1k

qb - b. rothelisberger, c. newton
rb - c. johnson, l. mccoy, j. best, t. hightower
wr - g. jennings, l. fitzgerald, w. welker, n. burleson, j. nelson, m. manningham
te - a. hernandez
k - j. brown
def - matchup

transactions

09.09.11 dropped e. bennett -> pickup FA j. nelson
09.11.11 dropped d. amendola -> pickup FA c. newton
09.11.11 dropped l. kendricks -> pickup FA a. hernandez
09.20.11 traded d. bryant/d. clark -> l. fitzgerald
09.20.11 pickup FA m. manningham
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: More WR advice.. WHIR

Postby GSUFan513 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Manningham will get it going. I like Manningham over Jones personally. So if you are considering dropping Manningham, I truly believe that to be a mistake. JMO though.

viewtopic.php?t=498390

Any help would be appreciated.
GSUFan513
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hippo45 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Hernandez should be dropped. I know he is stud tight end, but he will be out 4-6 weeks. Also, when he does come back you don't know how well he will play in the short term after he gets on to the field. So drop him for a TE. Is Dustin Keller available? Because I like him over Owen Daniels.

Now for you WRs:
You already have 3 good WRs who you will start almost every week (Jennings, Fitzgerald and Welker). So basically you are trying to strengthen your depth at WR.

First question is J. Jones referring to Julio Jones? Because there several WRs in the league named J. Jones.

If it is Julio Jones, then you should make room for him. Burleson is looking good for 80 yards every game and shouldn't be dropped.

So it comes down to Manningham and Nelson. Manningham is currently injured, but really that shouldn't concern you because you wouldn't start him right now anyway and he won't miss significant time with the injury.

Nelson has had two great weeks, but to me they seem of the flukier type that you should try staying away from. He was only targeted twice last game. Luckily for him the one catch he did have last game was an 84 yard touchdown. That to me doesn't inspire confidence on a team that likes to spread the ball around.

I prefer Manningham over Nelson because you know Manningham will get his fair share of looks. So drop Nelson for Julio.
Hippo45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby osbtensor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:53 pm

great advice hippo.. that was almost exactly what i was thinking after looking over my post a few min. ago. i should drop hernandez and pick up a te (i still like daniels, but that's splitting hairs) and drop nelson for jones (yes, julio).

thanks ever so much. you were thinking the same thing (almost) as me... must be an awesome ff player. =)
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions