Defense and receiver help please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Defense and receiver help please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defense and receiver help please

Postby skratchmo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey all, I need a little advice for this week.

I picked up Carolina's defense this week since they're playing the Jags and the rookie Gabbert in his first start. The Jags were bad enough with McCown and I think this may just be adding fuel to the fire. On the other hand there's also Arizona against Seattle who's had 2 awful showings so far this season. I was leaning toward Carolina but Arizona has me thinking a little bit. I also have Cleveland who's playing Miami.

As far as wide receivers go...I have Boldin, Nicks, Steve Smith (Carolina), Eric Decker, and Pierre Garcon. I'm thinking of starting Smith and Boldin and putting Decker on the flex. With half of Denver injured and the performance Decker put on last week he could break out again. I think my only other option is to play Boldin, Nicks, and Smith. Garcon is pretty much dead weight and just filling a roster spot at this point.

Also would you start Schaub or Hasselbeck? Im thinking you gotta go Schaub, but Hasselbeck has been doing pretty decent lately.

Any advice/opinions on this lineup? Thanks for the help.
skratchmo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Defense and receiver help please

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:08 am

Welcome to the Cafe' and that is a doozy of a question for your first. I like the Carolina D this week better playing at home, Jax is bad. Arizona isnt all that either and Seattle at home could show up enough to make it a game. I would play your studs at WR - Boldin, Nicks and Smith. With Lloyd back this week, I think Decker may be getting a little over-hyped. Your right that Hass has been very nice so far but this could (hope) be the week that CJ gets going and Tenn. passes less. I like Schaub in what looks to be a shootout with NO. Good-luck ;-D
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)

Re: Defense and receiver help please

Postby skratchmo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:51 am

hahaha yea it was a doozy...i figured i might as well get it all out at once. Thanks for the input. I think Im gonna play Carolina, the studs, and schaub.
skratchmo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Who to Start/Bench