You may call me crazy for this trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

You may call me crazy for this trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

You may call me crazy for this trade

Postby JoDant06 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:38 pm

I am considering giving up Miles Austin, Frank Gore, and Ryan Grant for Dez, Daniel Thomas, Eric Decker. You may call me crazy for dishing Gore and Austin, but Gore isn't impressing me one bit. Miles Austin has an infamous hammy problem that could hurt him for many weeks to come. Ryan Grant really hasn't done anything since he gave his spot to Starks.

I think Dez will step up and fill the role for Austin well. He also adds a threat of returning punts for TD. Daniel Thomas is just a rookie, but he could take over any week now as the every down back since Reggie Bush can't do it. I won't even need Decker, he is a roster filler. My receivers will be Dez, White, Nelson and Williams from TB. RB are Rice and Thomas if I go thru with this. My bench RB would be Cadillac and Pierre Thomas. I think its worth it. What are your thoughts?
PPR league
QB - RG3, Dalton
RB - Murray, SJackson, McFadden, Tate, Bolden, Powell
WR - Calvin, Nicks, Amendola, Bess
TE - Gonzalez, Cook
JoDant06
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: You may call me crazy for this trade

Postby GSUFan513 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:48 pm

JoDant06 wrote:I am considering giving up Miles Austin, Frank Gore, and Ryan Grant for Dez, Daniel Thomas, Eric Decker. You may call me crazy for dishing Gore and Austin, but Gore isn't impressing me one bit. Miles Austin has an infamous hammy problem that could hurt him for many weeks to come. Ryan Grant really hasn't done anything since he gave his spot to Starks.

I think Dez will step up and fill the role for Austin well. He also adds a threat of returning punts for TD. Daniel Thomas is just a rookie, but he could take over any week now as the every down back since Reggie Bush can't do it. I won't even need Decker, he is a roster filler. My receivers will be Dez, White, Nelson and Williams from TB. RB are Rice and Thomas if I go thru with this. My bench RB would be Cadillac and Pierre Thomas. I think its worth it. What are your thoughts?

You are crazy. I can understand Austin for Dez straight up...but I would do the following:

Gore and Austin for Dez, Thomas, and Decker. I think THAT's fair. Anything more is overkill for sure.
GSUFan513
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JoDant06 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:53 pm

I think Gore is gonna have a typical contract extension year. He got paid, so he'll get lazy. Daniel Thomas was projected to get 300 carries before the season started. He went for 104 on 18 carries against a pretty good front 7 in Houston.
PPR league
QB - RG3, Dalton
TE - Gonzalez, Cook
JoDant06
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GSUFan513 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:59 pm

That's fine, but why give up more than you have to? I still don't think it's worth giving up that much when you only really have to give up one or the other to get Thomas.
GSUFan513
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JoDant06 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Because Grant just sits on my bench anyways. I think Decker will end up putting up more points than he will this season as long as starks stays healthy. And i'm 0-2 and need a change haha
PPR league
QB - RG3, Dalton
TE - Gonzalez, Cook
JoDant06
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby osbtensor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:57 pm

maybe i'm wrong, but won't decker be sitting on your bench too? if he's going to be a starter then you might have some other issues we need to discuss....

i completely agree that grant is basically worthless the rest of the year, but even with that it's a very odd trade you've concocted.
osbtensor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:12 am

i understand your worry about Gore and Austin, but their value on market is still pretty high, you can probably get Forte or DJax+Best or something like that.

of course, if you really believe in DBryant and DThomas, then go ahead and make the trade, i just think you can get more than what you got from trading away Gore/Austin.
in one of my league, some guy picked Newton 1st round, S.Smith 2nd round, and he does looks like a genius now, so far.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions