Nick's Fallout, what would you do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Nick's Fallout, what would you do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nick's Fallout, what would you do?

Postby chchelse » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:44 am

I like to think as commissioner, that prior to the season I have laid out all the rules plainly to the league and have prepard for all contingencies, but the changing of Nick's stats has caused a real problem for me. The NFL correctly changed a pass interference call on Hakeem Nicks to a catch for 23 yds. The league is PPR, 0.1 pt /10yds, so this added 3.3 points to team A. This changed a 2.2 point loss for team A to a 1.1 point win. This allowed his record to go to 2-0. As commissioner I had no problem correcting his score and explaining why the change was made.
Now the problem. Our waiver system is blind bids, submitted Tuesday and processed Wednesday morning, prior to the Nick's stat change. In case of a tie bid, the player is awarded to the team with the worst record, 2nd tiebreaker is total points. Team A had bid $21 on WR David Nelson, as had I, the Commish. He was awarded David Nelson due to his worse record. The stat change allowed him to have the same record as me, and as I have fewer points than him, D. Nelson should have been awarded to me. There is no way I can prove to Team A that I also bid $21 on Nelson.
As a commissioner, what woud you do?
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Nick's Fallout, what would you do?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:44 am

In a perfect world where stat changes lead to changes in results, I also believe you should win this claim, IF you can prove it. Almost every site has a function in the transactions or waiver dropdowns that will show your claims, even if they were unsuccessful. There is a chance you can't prove it, and if so you'll just have to "eat" this FA loss, but if you can prove it I think you're well on safe ground making ALL changes the official scoring change caused ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm

I don't know what site you use, but many sites have a surprisingly responsive help staff. They may be able to either provide the proof or even reset and reprocess the previous waiver transactions now with the updated scoring changes. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask, because otherwise you'll obviously have to eat it.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby c0megets0me » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Its just one of those things, nothing you can do but let it ride. But you could go to bed every night praying that Nelson's legs grow together. Probably what i would do, but i just dont think its worth stirring the pot for Nelson.
ROSTER/8 team standard scoring
QB-M.Ryan/M.Vick
RB-T.Richardson/S.Jax/L.Miller/E.Lacy/Mathews
WR-Megatron/Fitz/Amendola/H.Nicks
FLEX- RB/WR
TE-J.Camron/J.Thomas
c0megets0me
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby chchelse » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:56 am

First off, after reading WarcogMBS reply, I continued to fiddle with the Fleaflicker site and was able to find my bids for week three. So, if I had to, I could have proved that I did bid the same amount he had. What really happened was I called him up and explained the situation to him. He said "fairs, fair, he's yours" which was really cool of him. It's nice when you play with stand-up guys who also know you're a stand-up guy. Eliminates so many of the league problems. ;-D
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner