Is it the right time to acquire Foster? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Is it the right time to acquire Foster?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it the right time to acquire Foster?

Postby balmlb119 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:30 pm

I'm in an auction league and my team is pretty good to start with, but I'm lacking depth.

I had four stub RB's in Rice, Charles, Turner, and McFadden and was looking to deal one of Charles, McFadden or Turner. Unfortunately with the Detroit Lions mascot taking out Charles, I'm down to the big 3.

Our league starts 2 RB, 2 WR, and a flex where I can start any offensive player. I have Roethlisberger and Newton, so I will probably start Newton at the flex.

I was offered Arian Foster and Mike Williams (TB) for Roddy White and Darren McFadden.

For receivers, I have - Calvin Johnson, White, Meachem, and Simpson.

I was able to get Dexter McCluster off the auction wire ($9), so that will help at both RB and WR. I tried to get Helu to take Charles' spot, but was outbid.

Anyway, the question is... is now the best time to trade for Foster? I can stash him for the stretch run and hope for the best. I could start Rice & Turner at RB, Johnson and Williams at WR and Newton at the flex for the time being until Foster is 100%.

I also have a deal out there to potentially get Ben Tate for Meachem, at which I would use some of my budget to get a WR in the empty spot left by Charles.

So... should I go for the Houston backfield or sit with what I have?
balmlb119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is it the right time to acquire Foster?

Postby Stevooo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:33 pm

I dont like that trade one bit. McFadden has been amazing and Roddy is a top WR and you get a hurt Foster who will probably be splitting carries and a #2 WR.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatGoku » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Agreed, the trade is terrible for you. You're downgrading both positions, and I don't see Foster's position getting better any time soon. The Meachem/Tate trade seems more viable. But what you have is good as well.
GreatGoku
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby balmlb119 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Another potential option is offering White and McFadden for Adrian Peterson and Mike Williams.
balmlb119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hesparza77 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 pm

I would definitely sit on this one. I would be more inclined to dangle Newton out as trade bait and see what offers you get. After week one I received Michael Turner (just in time cuz Charles' injury hurt me too) and received other attractive offers like Britt and pairs of players. Since you can play two QBs, you might be hesitant, but there is likely someone else who could fill that role. Early on in the season and already some good sleeper QBs are emerging.

If you can, please take a look at my post:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498574
hesparza77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions