How common are in season bye weeks for fanasy teams? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How common are in season bye weeks for fanasy teams?

Moderator: Football Moderators

very common
7%
not very common
27%
NEVER heard of it
67%
pretty common
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby stikmata » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:12 pm

First time I've ever seen it was this year. I'm used to leagues doing a double header to even things out but have never seen a bye for a fantasy team that wasn't the first round of the playoffs.

What say you good people of the Fantasy Football Cafe?
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How common are in season bye weeks for fanasy teams?

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Never heard of it but I guess if you have an odd number of teams in your league is makes sense....
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:24 am

It is standard for 12 team leagues that have 6 teams going to the playoffs. Number 1 & Number 2 seed get week 14 byes while seeds 3-6 play to make it to the semi-finals.

I guess it all depends on how big your league is and how many teams make the playoffs.

If more than half the league makes the playoffs it diminishes the importance of the regular season. With the top 2 seeds getting byes that increases the importance of the regular season.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dream_017 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:12 am

I've heard of it but never seen it. I have always done the 'play a double header' to even it out rather than have a team not play or have a bye week. Just doesn't seem right to me
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:24 pm

dream_017 wrote:I've heard of it but never seen it. I have always done the 'play a double header' to even it out rather than have a team not play or have a bye week. Just doesn't seem right to me

It's just like the NFL some teams get byes during the wild card games.
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:13 am

TexasBornCowboysFan wrote:It is standard for 12 team leagues that have 6 teams going to the playoffs. Number 1 & Number 2 seed get week 14 byes while seeds 3-6 play to make it to the semi-finals.

I guess it all depends on how big your league is and how many teams make the playoffs.

If more than half the league makes the playoffs it diminishes the importance of the regular season. With the top 2 seeds getting byes that increases the importance of the regular season.

Obviously you did not read the OP - he is not talking about PLAYOFF BYE weeks, he is talking REGULAR SEASON BYE weeks. What you are talking about is quite common - what he is talking about is not. Thanks for playing.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby TexasBornCowboysFan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:30 am

lmcjaho wrote:
TexasBornCowboysFan wrote:It is standard for 12 team leagues that have 6 teams going to the playoffs. Number 1 & Number 2 seed get week 14 byes while seeds 3-6 play to make it to the semi-finals.

Obviously you did not read the OP - he is not talking about PLAYOFF BYE weeks, he is talking REGULAR SEASON BYE weeks. What you are talking about is quite common - what he is talking about is not. Thanks for playing.

:*) :-S
TexasBornCowboysFan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk