Would You Make this Trade For Foster? (I'll Help You) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Would You Make this Trade For Foster? (I'll Help You)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would You Make this Trade For Foster? (I'll Help You)

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:09 pm

10 team, NON-PPR, standard scoring. start 3 RBs, 2 WRs

The Foster owner is 0-2 and has no RB depth. He wants immediate starters, so he offered me:
His Foster+Burleson for my Hightower+McGahee

My RBs/WRs are:
RB: CJ2K*, Turner* Blount* (Hightower, McGahee, Helu, Carter)
WR: VJax*, SMoss* (Colston, JNelson, JuJones, DNelson)

The trade would kill my depth until Foster gets back, but then (assuming he gets a full load), my team should be sweet.

Leave a link.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Lucky7 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Buying Low On Foster? (I'll Help You)

Postby jaguiar88 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Thats a good deal, do it.

Please help me.
viewtopic.php?t=498642
jaguiar88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jjgarciadallas » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:22 pm

That's a tough one. Helu is starting to get more carries, so later in the season he could contest Hightower if he continues to be more efficient. So your depth may not be as bad if Helu steps up. The depth is scary, though, especially if Tate continues to get carries and continues to perform. Everyone is saying Tate has a lot of upside. So it's tough to predict Foster coming back and getting all the carries once healthy. Depending what others have to say, I would flip a coin lol, because making or not making the deal has its pros and cons.
Your team does look pretty solid right now. If you decide not to do the trade, I would think about shopping a RB and Nelson if he continues to be targeted as much as Steve Johnson, you could probably get a solid player in return.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=498654
jjgarciadallas
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nkgangew » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:00 pm

I would take the trade. I'm trying to trade Hightower now cause I know he's not going to be starting in a few weeks, maybe splitting carries at best, and I'm not a fan of Mcgahee at all. I'd take the trade just to get rid of Hightower and add Foster. You have Helu so you have a potential starter a few weeks down the road, or you could throw Helu into the deal and get someone better than Burleson.
Help with mine viewtopic.php?t=498677

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
nkgangew
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby THEOT » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:07 pm

That's a risk, if Hightower keeps the job and Foster doesn't come back full strength or Tate is playing so well they split carries you don't have much depth. However your depth at WR is not great either and I think Burleson will continue to be a solid WR2 all year. I think S. Moss is going to be streaky like always as Shannahan gets the running game going more and more. However having J. Nelson and D. Nelson might be just as good. I think I stay put unless he's willing to sweeten the pot. I have a feeling Tate is going to play well enough to force a committee and that Foster may be limited all year by the hammy not getting to heal.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Wow, I thought this offer was almost a no brainer. Anyone else have thoughts?
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby hesparza77 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 am

My two cents: Half the trade centers on your opinions of Burleson. You already have a bunch of receivers with the potential to be good match up roster guys. I think he will continue to put up serviceable numbers as long as the Lions are on the pass attack and Johnson keeps getting the double team coverage. But do you feel like he will be a player on your team.

A previous commenter suggested that Hightower could see a reduced role, splitting carries with Helu, which I think will happen a little more each week. But I think Hightower will be the goal line guy for now. So the risk is, do you trade a guy that could, and probably will, lose touches or take a chance on a hobbled Foster who will face the same situation and possibly worse when he comes back. As a Texans fan, I think Tate deserves and definitely has earned his spot on the field. They were high on him when they drafted him, so you can be pretty sure that now that he is healthy and effective they are going to use him. As a fantasy fan, it sucks cuz its so rare to find a team that uses the every down guy anymore; although I would be better off this year if it was Foster and not Charles that I picked up.

That's how I would weigh it out. I don't think the trade is a necessity and if you feel that it exposes a bigger hole on your team, then I wouldn't do it. But if you are willing to gamble, there is some upside to Foster's ability to explode and get make big plays over Hightower. Personally, I have a feeling you can get something more from this guy.

Please take a look
viewtopic.php?t=498574
hesparza77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Would You Make this Trade For Foster? (I'll Help You)

Postby SupremeSole » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:14 am

I would accept this trade immediately! Your team is already solid @ RB and getting Foster on your roster would just help! You likely wont need him until he's back and ready! I feel that Hightower is one poor performance away from losing touches to Helu, which you also have! This trade is a no-brainer. Take it and RUN!! ;-D

Thanks for the help!! ;-D ;-D
SupremeSole
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TaDa » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:18 am

I'd do it. Foster will be back, and your team will be amazing when he's back in his rhythm. Burls is a good wr2 option. Hightower is going to lose touches. Not a matter of if, just a matter of when and by how many. Mcgahee only put up good numbers because of Moreno being out.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby ShaqAttaq13 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:21 am

I take this trade in a heartbeat man. Foster has SO much more upside than anyone else involved in the trade. Yes, things could go wrong and he could not get healthy. I still don't think you are giving up too much even if that happens! You're 4th and 5th rbs? While nice to have, if Foster never comes back, it won't ruin your season. You will still have a shot.

If Foster does come back healthy in 3-4 weeks, even, the TRIO of Johnson, Turner and Foster is unreal. With Blount as your 4th. Too much upside to turn down. DO IT!
ShaqAttaq13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions