Who should I start at QB and Flex? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Who should I start at QB and Flex?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should I start at QB and Flex?

Postby nkgangew » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm going back and forth on this and could use some input. First (and more of a toss up i think) is who do i start at QB this week? I have Matt Ryan as my starter (playing TB on the road). He's been very inconsistent so far, throwing for a ton of yards his first game and no TDs, and then 4 TDs and barely any yards the next week (at home vs. Philly). I have Hassleback on my bench (playing Denver this week) who has 2 straight 20 + point games. Also, there's Andy Dalton on the wire.
Second issue, and harder to decide, is who to start at Flex. Normally I'd start Hightower, but he has Helu behind him, and even more so, he plays a Dallas team that has only given up a little over 100 yards in the past 2 games combined. I have Helu on my bench, but i think I'd still pick Hightower over him at the moment. However, i have Decker and Denarius Moore on the Bench that i could put at my flex. Right now, I'm really struggling between Hightower and Decker (who plays Tennessee this week BTW). Even if Llyod is back, Royal is still injured...and Decker has a TD in each game this year. So what do you guys think??
nkgangew
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who should I start at QB and Flex?

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:40 pm

I would go with Ryan and Hightower. Dallas is missing many players so washing tons offense should do well. Hass could do well, but I just don't trust him. Ryan should be solid. He did pretty well v a very tough Philly pass def.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Honeybadgers » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:13 pm

I'd go Ryan and Decker. Cowboys do have some injuries but not on their D-line. Go with Decker.

nkgangew wrote:I'm going back and forth on this and could use some input. First (and more of a toss up i think) is who do i start at QB this week? I have Matt Ryan as my starter (playing TB on the road). He's been very inconsistent so far, throwing for a ton of yards his first game and no TDs, and then 4 TDs and barely any yards the next week (at home vs. Philly). I have Hassleback on my bench (playing Denver this week) who has 2 straight 20 + point games. Also, there's Andy Dalton on the wire.
Second issue, and harder to decide, is who to start at Flex. Normally I'd start Hightower, but he has Helu behind him, and even more so, he plays a Dallas team that has only given up a little over 100 yards in the past 2 games combined. I have Helu on my bench, but i think I'd still pick Hightower over him at the moment. However, i have Decker and Denarius Moore on the Bench that i could put at my flex. Right now, I'm really struggling between Hightower and Decker (who plays Tennessee this week BTW). Even if Llyod is back, Royal is still injured...and Decker has a TD in each game this year. So what do you guys think??
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)

Postby chargers88 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:46 pm

ryan and decker. agreed about dallas' dfence. the dbs are hella struggling
Qb Freeman, mcnabb
WR c.Johnson, j.Nelson, d.bess, m.Thomas,collie,Alexander,decker
RB Peterson, Greene, best, Tate, d. Thomas, Goodson
TE Finley, Pettigrew
Idp league (points for return yards)
chargers88
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Tyler Maxwell » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 pm

First and foremost, go Ryan. Hasselbeck comes in a close 2nd, but Matt Ryan at Tampa is a matchup that you don't want to miss right now, with Tampa showing inconsistency on both sides of the ball. Secondly, and I hope I choke on these words, but I'd go Decker. I tried to pick him up but someone beat me to him on the waiver wire this week. I have Hightower as my FEATURE back right now, with Jamaal Charles out for the season, and Steven Jackson probably not playing this week. I'm hurting for runners, which is why I hope Hightower does better than I expect him to at Dallas. But like I said, Decker is your man for this week IMO
Tyler Maxwell
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Jeff Kearns » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Matt Ryan and Tim Hightower. They're just safer picks, and I'd go safe here.
Jeff Kearns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:30 am

Matt Ryan and Tim Hightower. Alway's start your studs, and I would continue to start Hightower until he actually starts losing a significant amount of carries to Helu.

thanks for the help with mine.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby clarkw267 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 am

I actually like Ryan and Moore. I know it's a bit riskier, but I think Moore is the #1 option in Oakland after all the hype in camp, and now the production on the field.
clarkw267
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby haloswin2002 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:35 am

ATLbraves wrote:Matt Ryan and Tim Hightower. Alway's start your studs, and I would continue to start Hightower until he actually starts losing a significant amount of carries to Helu.

thanks for the help with mine.

I agree with this. Dont jump off the higher bandwagon until Helu actually does somethung to warrant it.
haloswin2002
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby biggest daddy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:46 am

2 weeks isn't enough time to determine a trend or inconsistency.

Go with Matty Ice. He finally has a sweet matchup. He went up against 2 of the toughest pass Ds in the league Bears and Eagles.

Also, Hightower is the number 1 man in Washington. Don't go with the "one week" wonder (Decker who?, Helu?) over your stud unless your stud is having issues or is hurt. Hightower has had 2 solid weeks so far and will most likely continue.

Please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=498786
biggest daddy
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Who to Start/Bench