McCluster v Boldin v Gates PPR league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

McCluster v Boldin v Gates PPR league

Moderator: Football Moderators

McCluster v Boldin v Gates PPR league

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:19 pm

WR/TE slot
receptions: 0.5 pts
yards: 10 yds = 1 pt, 3pt bonuses at 100/150/200
TDs = 6

McCluster @ SD
Gates vs KC
Boldin @ StL

I think I need to be talked out of starting McCluster. Being a Raider fan, I've seen how the Chargers love to let certain players run over them early in the season, and I have a good feeling about McCluster. Not really feeling Boldin or even Gates this week, who I'm definitely benching for Keller.

Could definitely use a 2nd opinion here
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: McCluster v Boldin v Gates PPR league

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:47 am

Tough call here, for sure, as I can see legit reasons for benching all 3 of these guys in favor of each other. I like the potential of McCluster to make plays, but don't believe in him as an every down back until I see something to prove otherwise. Since it's not a full PPR and I think he'll get more of his work in passing downs, I think I'd have to shelve him for either Boldin or Gates - neither of whom I feel great about either. I have a feeling Boldin has a decent game here and the Rams should keep it plenty close enough to where the Ravens will be passing. Gates is tough to bench by name alone, but his sluggish start and my gut tell me that I'd probably bench him this week for Boldin if there were a gun to my head. In a couple of weeks DM could be your guy, but I don't think I'd gamble with him just yet ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 am

I too think we need a week to see how McCluster is going to be used in that offense. I would go with Gates but it is a tough choice, I just don't think Boldin is the answer.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby MoDee » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:43 am

GreenBowlPackers wrote:WR/TE slot
receptions: 0.5 pts
yards: 10 yds = 1 pt, 3pt bonuses at 100/150/200
TDs = 6

McCluster @ SD
Gates vs KC
Boldin @ StL

I think I need to be talked out of starting McCluster. Being a Raider fan, I've seen how the Chargers love to let certain players run over them early in the season, and I have a good feeling about McCluster. Not really feeling Boldin or even Gates this week, who I'm definitely benching for Keller.

Could definitely use a 2nd opinion here

I agree sit McCluster. I also think you are crazy to start Keller over Gates especially against KC. I however do like starting a WR over a TE if its a WR/TE slot. Very tough decision but I would roll with Gates, McCluster is great cause he will get carries but that KC offense is horrid.

Good Luck!

Help with mine!: HERE!
Thanks to Leber for sick sig!
MoDee
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby soon179 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:09 am

I think you have to go Gates as well. He is going to rebound this this week and he is one TD shy of breaking a TE record over Hernandez.I do think Boldin will have a better week then last and Mcluster like others have said you got to give it a week and see. Keller has had two good weeks from the 2 TD's .Still I would not start Keller over Gates.
soon179
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench