Mendy/Jennings/Boldin for Megatron/D.Nelson/Ingram.Vetoable? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Mendy/Jennings/Boldin for Megatron/D.Nelson/Ingram.Vetoable?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Blockbuster trade...Please advise...WHIR

Postby hesparza77 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

You shouldnt have to argue your side. That's not what veto power is for. If someone makes a bum deal it's not up to the rest of the league to govern that. Pisses me off when I see that.
hesparza77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lucky7 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:42 am

No brainer IMO. I lvoe Calvin, but you are getting huge value in return. Go for it ;-D

Help? viewtopic.php?t=498670
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:43 am

i kind agree this is a possible veto trade
i understand this is trade that's proposed to you, and there's no way you should reject it.
i would have Mendy owner give his reasoning on why he proposed this trade and explain to the league, because this trade is pretty unbalanced, and does no benefit to mendy owner's team.

and if Mendy owner does have a reason even if it's as silly as he think Mendy and Jenning will fail and CJ is gonna get him 40 points, it should be acceptable

your best solution is have Mendy owner work with you and both jump out and explain the situation and shows that you both are aware the value of both player and think it will benefit team's development. Then league shouldn't say anything.

i think it's actually good that your league is checking trade and regulate it.
i hate when someone try to trade Redman for AP and it actually goes through and no one in league veto it.
In your case, trade is proposed to you and you did nothing wrong, you just need to be clear about it.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby GeneralTsou » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:53 pm

they are pretty much conspiring against me because they are afraid of my lineup

and because I pulled off a trade where I got CJ2K for Jahvid Best and Manningham. They tried to veto that too
12-team PPR

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Cleveland
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Re: Mendy/Jennings/Boldin for Megatron/D.Nelson/Ingram.Vetoa

Postby GeneralTsou » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:10 pm

this is abuse of the veto system
12-team PPR

WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby leftovers » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Not vetoable at all! Thats total bs and Id be pissed if I were you. I'm not going to say the trade was even steven bc I think you got a much better deal but its FFL and anything can happen and as long as its not clearly collusive or affects the parity of the league i think it needs to stand. the other dude is getting arguably the #1 WR in the game plus nelson whos off to a hot start and some other gentleman. you got a good deal. its a fair deal. no veto

help on mine please
viewtopic.php?t=498967
leftovers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:03 am

GeneralTsou wrote:they are pretty much conspiring against me because they are afraid of my lineup

and because I pulled off a trade where I got CJ2K for Jahvid Best and Manningham. They tried to veto that too

CJ2K for Best and Manningham shouldn't be veto, because Best is doing good while CJ2K show's poor production from week1-week2, plus you also got WR2 from NYG, which sometime is good for WR3 spot or flex in your team.

like my previous post, if they are veto this because of the fairness and to protect new managers, explain to them.
but if they doing this just to screw you up, then it's just not a very fun league to stay.
i would find a league with trustworthy commissioner.

honestly, your team after trade is good, but i won't say it's that scary they need to screw you up with veto power.
QB Kolb
RB CJ2K, Mendy
WR Jenning, Britt
FLEX DMC/M.Bush
TE Finley

at least your QB is still weak and your flex is injury-prone, and your RB1 didn't really show much production this season
i've seem better team in 10-12 teams league, and your team really shouldn't require veto to balance the league.

what you can do is try split the trade into 2-3 small trade
1. send D.Nelson/Ingram or D.Nelson/Ingram for Jenning
2. then send second trade with CJ for Mendy/Boldin

or you can replace Ingram with D.Moore and argue he is probably one of the best rookie WR and you are using 2 rising WR to trade for Jenning, which is very fair

then CJ for Mendy/Boldin just looks right.
i see a lot way to go around this trade if Mendy owner is willing to work with you

my guess is other team think it's not balance because it's basically benefit of 2-3 trade stacked into one trade. but in some league, if you check rank1-3 team's trading history and combine them into 1 big trade, that's probably what you would see similar to this trade.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby GeneralTsou » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:38 pm

UPDATE: As I expected, the trade got vetoed. The worse part is the admitted it was because they didn't want me to have a stacked lineup
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions