PPC/PPR league, Nicks or Johnson, QB question too WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

PPC/PPR league, Nicks or Johnson, QB question too WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPC/PPR league, Nicks or Johnson, QB question too WHIR

Postby phackney » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:54 am

Hello, I'm in PPR/PPC(arry)/.5 PPC(ompletion) league and have a few quick questions, got really great advice last week that helped me go to 2-0
Here's whom I'm thinking about starting:
QB: Kolb @ SEA, (Bench: Josh Freeman vs ATL)
WR: Kenny Britt vs DEN
WR: Stevie Johnson vs NE(Bench: Hakeem Nicks @PHI, Sims-Walker vs BLT, Denarius Moore vs NYJ)
RB: Gore @ CIN
RB: Chris Johnson vs DEN
TE: Owen Daniels @ NO
Flex:Ahmad Bradshaw @ PHI(Reggie Bush @CLE, Deji Kareem @ CAR, Cadillac vs BLT)
K: Folk @OAK
D: Cincy vs SF

Basically, I have a few questions about
1)QB: Freeman or Kolb?: I think Freeman has a better matchup, but Kolb seems to be more consistent, most of Freeman's points seem to come later in the game when they are trying to catch up.
2)WR: It's really hard to sit Nicks, haven't heard anything new about his injury, also has a tough matchup vs Philly. Johnson and Britt have been on fire and both have very nice matchups.
**3) At the flex spot, do I got with Bradshaw who has a nice matchup vs a bad run D in Philly, Nicks or Josh Freeman?
Lineup look good, any other changes?
4) At TE, I can pick up Jermaine Gresham, Greg Olson or Scott Chandler. Daniels is rated top 10 every week, but he is so inconsistent. Any of the other guys look more appealing?

Thanks for your help, leave your link and I'll help you, thanks
Last edited by phackney on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPC/PPR league, Nicks or Johnson, QB question too WHIR

Postby MoDee » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 am

phackney wrote:Hello, I'm in PPR/PPC(arry)/.5 PPC(ompletion) league and have a few quick questions, got really great advice last week that helped me go to 2-0
WR: Stevie Johnson vs NE(Bench: Hakeem Nicks @PHI, Sims-Walker vs BLT, Denarius Moore vs NYJ)

1)QB: Freeman or Kolb?: I think Freeman has a better matchup, but Kolb seems to be more consistent, most of Freeman's points seem to come later in the game when they are trying to catch up.
2)WR: It's really hard to sit Nicks, haven't heard anything new about his injury, also has a tough matchup vs Philly. Johnson and Britt have been on fire and both have very nice matchups.
3) At the flex spot, do I got with Bradshaw who has a nice matchup vs a bad run D in Philly, Nicks, or Josh Freeman?
4) At TE, I can pick up Jermaine Gresham, Greg Olson or Scott Chandler. Daniels is rated top 10 every week, but he is so inconsistent. Any of the other guys look more appealing?

1) I like Kolb because SEA is so horrible that the Cards should have the ball most of the game.
2) Feel confident with Britt and Johnson, those are your starters every week over Nicks. BUF NE is a shootout
3) If you can start a QB at flex go with that, especially if you get +6 for a passing TD
4) Roll with Daniels, he looked pretty good last week and this one might be high scoring also.

Good Luck!

Help with mine!: HERE!
Thanks to Leber for sick sig!
MoDee
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby rmsanger » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:49 am

1) X2 on Kolb, SEA is just horrible
2) Sit Nicks another week, he's a must starth when back/health though over Britt.
3) Weird that you can start a QB at flex but if so then roll with Freeman, if not then Bradshaw is your best bet.
4) Stick with Daniels, Schaub will come around and start lighting him up soon!

thx for the help on mine... good luck!
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)

Postby robotninja » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks for the thoughts on mine. It looks to me like you have it nailed for this week. I agree with the above comment that after another week Nicks becomes a must start every week.
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Postby johnhoefer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:49 pm

MoDee wrote:
phackney wrote:Hello, I'm in PPR/PPC(arry)/.5 PPC(ompletion) league and have a few quick questions, got really great advice last week that helped me go to 2-0

3) At the flex spot, do I got with Bradshaw who has a nice matchup vs a bad run D in Philly, Nicks, or Josh Freeman?

1) I like Kolb because SEA is so horrible that the Cards should have the ball most of the game.
2) Feel confident with Britt and Johnson, those are your starters every week over Nicks. BUF NE is a shootout
3) If you can start a QB at flex go with that, especially if you get +6 for a passing TD
4) Roll with Daniels, he looked pretty good last week and this one might be high scoring also.

Good Luck!

Help with mine!: HERE!

I agree with every thing said above and for the same reasons. As long as you get +6 for TDs, roll with the QB every week.

Help out? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=498927
johnhoefer
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Who to Start/Bench