Stafford or Vick WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Stafford or Vick WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stafford or Vick WHIR 100%

Postby MoDee » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 am

Whats up all, haven't been on this forum for a while! How has everyone been?

These are both awesome options but I have a little concern.

I have Jahvid Best @MIN locked in as my RB2. I am also starting DET D @MIN.

Do I go all in on Detroit this week and start Stafford as well? That would make 3 detroit players this week.

My other option is Vick and I'm a little worried about his concussion but it looks like he'll go.

So, knowing that I am starting Best and DET D who to start? Standard scoring with +6 for passing TD.

Stafford @MIN
Vick vs. NYG

Leaning toward Vick but I'm worried that he won't make it a full game.

Thoughts? WHIR, leave a link.
Thanks to Leber for sick sig!
MoDee
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stafford or Vick WHIR 100%

Postby BigBlue42 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:01 am

I would go with Vick. The Giants are beaten up and I think Vick is healthy enough. Vick averaged over 30 ppg last year against the Giants.
BigBlue42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby phackney » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:24 am

MoDee wrote:Whats up all, haven't been on this forum for a while! How has everyone been?

These are both awesome options but I have a little concern.

I have Jahvid Best @MIN locked in as my RB2. I am also starting DET D @MIN.

Do I go all in on Detroit this week and start Stafford as well? That would make 3 detroit players this week.

My other option is Vick and I'm a little worried about his concussion but it looks like he'll go.

So, knowing that I am starting Best and DET D who to start? Standard scoring with +6 for passing TD.

Stafford @MIN
Vick vs. NYG

Leaning toward Vick but I'm worried that he won't make it a full game.

Thoughts? WHIR, leave a link.

Thanks for your help. I don't know man, Detroit has a heck of a matchup on both sides of the ball, I'd start Stafford myself, he should have a ton of points this week. If you don't feel comfortable, Vick will definitely be sufficient, haven't heard anymore about his status.
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rmsanger » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:29 am

Thx for the help on mine, you're awesome!

I'm torn on your choice at QB... Stafford is clearly having the better season but I have a gut feeling that Vick is ready to explode out and have a killer game. So here's my $0.02:

Go with Stafford if you want the safe play (high floor, decent ceiling)... I'm thinking 275-350 yards and 2-3 TDs in inline.

Go with Vick if you want high potential (lower floor, higher ceiling)... Could be 200-400 yards, 70 yards rushing and 2-4 combined TDs.

what are your other options at RB and DEF if you go Stafford but don't want to load up on Lions?
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)

Postby cloudng8 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 am

I agree 100% you go mike vick. I think the eagles are going to be playing with a chip on there shoulder for letting that one slip away last week, and vick is going to explode. Also the Giants D is just too banged up to contain vick too.
Fantasy team(2012)
Qb:Michael Vick
Rb:Matt Forte
Rb:MJD
Rb/Wr: A.j green
Wr: mike wallace
Wr:wes welker
Te:Aaron Hernandez
D:Cinn
K:Gould
cloudng8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreenBowlPackers » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 am

TY for your help

I'm in the medical field, so when I heard that Vick had a concussion, I immediately pulled him from all my rosters this week. Its bound to spook him a little bit, and the G-men's pass rush isn't terrible. I dont think their LB's are that great though, so IMO it comes down to whether you think Vick is mentally tough enough to go and be Vick, or if he becomes a jittery pocket passer like he has before.

On the other hand, you have a guy who's practically unconscious right now, has an elite receiver, a great receiving back, solid TE and WR2, and a gelling O-line. My only problem with DET is that they're so much better in MIN IMO, that the passing attack won't be needed that much. But do they have anyone to run out the clock?

I'd go Stafford simply because he's a bit safer. I think Vick could flame out this week, and I just can't see that happening to Stafford.
GreenBowlPackers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 44)

Postby MoDee » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 am

rmsanger wrote:Thx for the help on mine, you're awesome!

I'm torn on your choice at QB... Stafford is clearly having the better season but I have a gut feeling that Vick is ready to explode out and have a killer game. So here's my $0.02:

Go with Stafford if you want the safe play (high floor, decent ceiling)... I'm thinking 275-350 yards and 2-3 TDs in inline.

Go with Vick if you want high potential (lower floor, higher ceiling)... Could be 200-400 yards, 70 yards rushing and 2-4 combined TDs.

what are your other options at RB and DEF if you go Stafford but don't want to load up on Lions?

My other RB that is even worth a consideration is Felix but he's got that shoulder injury so Best is a lock. I only keep one D and all I have is DET and I like that matchup. Ugh. Thanks for the analysis.
Thanks to Leber for sick sig!
MoDee
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby gmcman22 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:50 am

Tough call, but I like Stafford in this matchup. I don't usually like betting so much on one team's performance either, but in this case, I think you are in good shape. Detroit's offense is rolling and the defense has been solid. Min is a good matchup so while it shocks me to say this... I think I'd bank on the Lions this week!

That said, I don't think you go wrong with Vick either, and the Giants aren't very good yet.
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby MistaBigxxL » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:13 am

The way the Lions have been playing so far I'd start Stafford, tho it's pretty much a coin flip.
MistaBigxxL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Mazymus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:34 am

Tough call, depends how the concussions are on the day of the game. If he's a go, I'll with M Vick, he should have slight advantage.
Either way, you should be ok
Mazymus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench