WHo will be the best Young RB to emerge next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WHo will be the best Young RB to emerge next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

WHo will be the best Young RB to emerge next year?

Postby Josh Weed » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:30 pm

I get to keep a rookie/backup for a keeper and right now I have Mcgahee, but there are a lot of young RB's like fargas, etc that I could snatch up for next year./ WHat does everyone think?
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby foreverabearsfan » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:32 pm

brock forsey (bears) or rudi johnson (bengals). does domanick davis count still?
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:38 pm

Before anyone hops on the Fargas bandwagon remember this, he only played 2 games in college<sarcasm> due to injuries.
And he has been hampered with injuries this year. The guy is a great talent, but looks like he's is injury prone. I wonder about McGahee as well.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:41 pm

Right now im thinkin Rudi J, DOMINACK DAVIS, and McGahee are your top choices
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Josh Weed » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:41 pm

of all the young guys which one would everyone pick to keep for next year? DD is definately taken so doesnt count. I have rudi now, as well as Mcgahee, and a couple other guy, but fargas and others are still available. Thanks for all opinions
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:41 pm

Has to be Rudi. I hope Dillon moves on for him and the poor bungles.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ESP » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:10 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Tony Hollings takes over for Dominick Davis next year.... The coaching staff has so high on this guy.

Here's what's going to happen. The Texans are going to package Davis and Drew Henson to the cowboys for some d-fensive players. They sign Terrel Owens in the offseason. And start Tony Hollings-
ESP

Friendliness: %

Postby CrimsonTide » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:30 pm

I'm not sure how you classify rookie/young running back in your league... if it's truly a rookie running back then:

Davis or Hollings whoever emerges unless it's the dread rbbc. I'd lean towards Davis since he's proven himself this season.

McGahee or Fargas both are risk with being injured but could be worth a shot. McGahee is more talented, obviously, but he is behind Henry.

Lee Suggs is another long-shot in Cleveland. Labrandon Toefield was a starter in college over D Davis but now finds himself behind Taylor in Jax. He's talented.

Onterio Smith will be 3rd on the depth chart in Minnesota so that's a waste. Larry Johnson is behind Priest Holmes and Musa Smith could be a good insurance policy for Jamal Lewis. Yet, you don't have to keep guys like this.

As for everyone mentioning Rudi Johnson, the problem I have with him is that unless your league allows a guy going into his 4th season (next year) he won't count as a rookie/young rb keeper. He's been around for several years now.
CrimsonTide
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Josh Weed » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:10 pm

in this league, the wild card keeper position includes anyone who is a rookie this year, or is considered a backup. Rudi is a backup to Dillon so would count. Davis is already picked up so I cant get him. I am mainly looking for which of the rb;s mentioned who will put up better stats next year.
Josh Weed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:52 pm

I wouldn't forget about about Brian Westbrook. I think he has a big chance to shine in PHI next year.

D Davis clearly has come from nowhere to become a solid fantasy player. I've been telling people for years the rookie RB who usually excels is almost always NOT the guy everyone expects. Davis proves the rule yet again.

However, as glad as I am that this happened to a relative unkown like Davis, do NOT get caught up in his hype next year and draft him early (same with Rudi). Portis, Edge, maybe Faulk and a couple others as soph's were exceptions, and a first rounder was likely warranted the following year. I don't think Davis is as safe a bet. Many of the others have things like being a high draft pick, being in a system that has produced for RB's, or whatever else positive scenario surrounded them.

Talented, young RB's are a very key commodity in fantasy football, but don't go passing up a proven RB in favor of half a good season from LaBrandon Toefield's back-up. Davis, who plays for a pretty bad team still (though the Texans have done expansion teams proud so far). Hopefully they can draft another top 1st round O-lineman for their key O-players. Lots of guys come from later rounds to be fantasy studs, Dom looks like a good shot to join them for a few years, but I'm not grabbing him in the top 20. I might wait much later.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk