Arian Foster for Daniel Thomas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Arian Foster for Daniel Thomas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arian Foster for Daniel Thomas?

Postby matticusfinch » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:38 am

I have Daniel Thomas, fresh off the waiver wire...
I've been offered a straight up trade, Arian Foster for Daniel Thomas.

My other RBs...

Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams
Ben Tate
Marshawn Lynch

Should I pull the trigger? My worry is that DT could turn into an every down back, and when Foster heals, we could have a RB by committee and the question of who to start haunts me every week.

What do you think?
matticusfinch
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Arian Foster for Daniel Thomas?

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:48 am

in general, trade is good.
you are most likely to start Turner/Tate, and foster will be upgrade from Tate as season goes.

DThomas is good backup RB, but not top RB2, not yet.

but if you are in 3RB league, and is already 0-2, then you probably don't want foster because by the time foster recover, you might already lost your ticket to play-off
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 234)

Postby matticusfinch » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks, Chaoyi -
Currently, I'm 1-1 and looking to improve but not overhaul.

Starting:
QB - Rodgers
RB- Turner
RB - Tate
RB/WR - D. Williams/J. Nelson
WR - B. Lloyd
WR - W. Welker
TE - V. Davis

Not sure what to think of D. Williams right now, but Jordy has been a surprise.

In short, I'm in pretty good shape but would love to shore up the RB position.
matticusfinch
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby JimJones » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:23 pm

LOL, is this for real??? He has Arian Foster and the best he can get in exchange for him is Daniel Thomas?...A guy who was more likely than not picked up off of waivers?....If that was the best I could get for Arian, I would just keep him and hope for the best...Not worth it at all....Anyway, If I were you, I would have clicked 'accept trade' and ran off laughing...
QB: B. Roethlisberger
RB1: D. Murray
RB2: D. Sproles
WR1: J. Jones
WR2: P. Harvin
Flex: J. Maclin
TE: J. Graham
K: J. Hanson
DEF: Play by match-ups

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson
Randall Cobb
Jerome Simpson
Reuben Randle
Fred Davis
JimJones
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TaDa » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Accept it before he sobers up
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby cubanrob19 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:40 pm

TaDa wrote:Accept it before he sobers up

Im going to second this!!!!

Im debating on a deal between picking up Foster and giving up Mendinhall ... D. Thomas might have a good year, but he is playing on a team that is almost always going to be trailing and passing a lot to catch up!

Click --> [ACCEPT OFFER]
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:58 pm

JimJones wrote:LOL, is this for real??? He has Arian Foster and the best he can get in exchange for him is Daniel Thomas?...A guy who was more likely than not picked up off of waivers?....If that was the best I could get for Arian, I would just keep him and hope for the best...Not worth it at all....Anyway, If I were you, I would have clicked 'accept trade' and ran off laughing...

The OP was said he just picked him up off of waivers but tbh he shouldn't have been on waivers. I do agree that OP should
have clicked accept before this post and enjoy the benefits the rest of the season.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Theshow234 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Foster had one solid year. He then is considered the top pick for Fantasy, if not the top, he's a top 3 supposedly. Then he gets injured in preseason and Ben Tate starts running like a mad man and looks extremely good. I don't get how one great year in football equates to being the top pick for fantasy the next year. Doesn't anyone remember Steve Slaton a few years ago? What happened to him? I'm not saying Foster isn't good but I think he's extremely overvalued. This trade is actually a lot closer than you'd think. Now not only does Foster have to deal with Ben Tate, he also has to deal with his hammy which made him only play the first half of last weeks game. Daniel Thomas is a bit risky and yea, I'd rather have Foster than Thomas but Thomas has much more upside. I watched the entire game last week and he looked GREAT. He's most likely going to surprise people this year. I think you may have enough depth to keep Thomas and use him as a flex play. If it doesn't pan out then so be it. I wouldn't be too worried about DeAngelo I'm still a firm believer. If you do decide to do the trade I'd most likely try to dish out either Tate or Foster + one of your WR's to acquire a top 10 maybe top 5 WR.

Again, I'm not saying Thomas is better than Foster I just think it's a lot closer than most think. Thomas has massive upside if he plays to his potential.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498880
Theshow234
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Theshow234 wrote:Foster had one solid year. He then is considered the top pick for Fantasy, if not the top, he's a top 3 supposedly. Then he gets injured in preseason and Ben Tate starts running like a mad man and looks extremely good. I don't get how one great year in football equates to being the top pick for fantasy the next year. Doesn't anyone remember Steve Slaton a few years ago? What happened to him? I'm not saying Foster isn't good but I think he's extremely overvalued. This trade is actually a lot closer than you'd think. Now not only does Foster have to deal with Ben Tate, he also has to deal with his hammy which made him only play the first half of last weeks game. Daniel Thomas is a bit risky and yea, I'd rather have Foster than Thomas but Thomas has much more upside. I watched the entire game last week and he looked GREAT. He's most likely going to surprise people this year. I think you may have enough depth to keep Thomas and use him as a flex play. If it doesn't pan out then so be it. I wouldn't be too worried about DeAngelo I'm still a firm believer. If you do decide to do the trade I'd most likely try to dish out either Tate or Foster + one of your WR's to acquire a top 10 maybe top 5 WR.

Again, I'm not saying Thomas is better than Foster I just think it's a lot closer than most think. Thomas has massive upside if he plays to his potential.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498880

Why would you deal out Tate or Foster? This makes absolutely no sense. The point to accepting this trade is to have Tate and Foster on the same team so whomever is carrying the load and racking up the FP's is in his line-up. Talking about massive upside versus a proven commodity is pretty much silly. Basing your opinion on the failures of Steve Slaton is flat out ridiculous. When healthy Foster is certainly one of the best RB's in the league. How many games have you watched him play (obviously not counting this year). They do have the luxury of letting Foster get his hammy fully healed because of Tate. Assuming they stop trying to put him back in too early he's going to be a beast just like last year. Hey though, if you wanted to trade me Foster for Thomas I sure wouldn't say no to ya.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby JimJones » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:46 pm

That's what I find so retarded about this trade...

I would think that if this guy has no faith in Foster, he would be trading for Ben Tate.......
QB: B. Roethlisberger
RB1: D. Murray
RB2: D. Sproles
WR1: J. Jones
WR2: P. Harvin
Flex: J. Maclin
TE: J. Graham
K: J. Hanson
DEF: Play by match-ups

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson