Arian Foster for Daniel Thomas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Arian Foster for Daniel Thomas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Arian Foster for Daniel Thomas?

Postby matticusfinch » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Love the comments!
For the record, trade's been accepted and I'm smiling big.
My only concern was running into a committee situation with foster/Tate.
There was a little flak from other owners about the validity of the trade. Tho I think I'm getting the better of the deal, I dont think it's completely onesided. Would any of you veto this trade in your leagues?
matticusfinch
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Theshow234 wrote:Foster had one solid year. He then is considered the top pick for Fantasy, if not the top, he's a top 3 supposedly. Then he gets injured in preseason and Ben Tate starts running like a mad man and looks extremely good. I don't get how one great year in football equates to being the top pick for fantasy the next year. Doesn't anyone remember Steve Slaton a few years ago? What happened to him? I'm not saying Foster isn't good but I think he's extremely overvalued. This trade is actually a lot closer than you'd think. Now not only does Foster have to deal with Ben Tate, he also has to deal with his hammy which made him only play the first half of last weeks game. Daniel Thomas is a bit risky and yea, I'd rather have Foster than Thomas but Thomas has much more upside. I watched the entire game last week and he looked GREAT. He's most likely going to surprise people this year. I think you may have enough depth to keep Thomas and use him as a flex play. If it doesn't pan out then so be it. I wouldn't be too worried about DeAngelo I'm still a firm believer. If you do decide to do the trade I'd most likely try to dish out either Tate or Foster + one of your WR's to acquire a top 10 maybe top 5 WR.

Again, I'm not saying Thomas is better than Foster I just think it's a lot closer than most think. Thomas has massive upside if he plays to his potential.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498880

Yeah, I could not disagree more actually. Foster is one of the leagues best RB. Daniel Thomas was WW pickup. And you TOTALLY lost me when you said you still believed in Deangelo. His backup is better than him and has been for years.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Make the move. I disagree with the above poster. We've seen Foster's upside. Thinking Thomas has that this year is a longshot to me.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=499026
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions