Need Advice for Week 3 Starting Roster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need Advice for Week 3 Starting Roster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Advice for Week 3 Starting Roster

Postby cashcity » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:46 am

Bolded is my lineup for Week 3, disregarding QB, K and DEF, from my available players. Do you agree or disagree with my choices and why?

WR (Pick 3)
Greg Jennings @ Chi
Devery Henderson v. Hou
Hakeem Nicks @ Phi
A.J. Green v SF
Percy Harvin v Det

RB (Pick 2)
Ryan Mathews v. KC
Maurice Jones-Drew @ Car
Matt Forte v. GB

TE (Pick 1)
Jason Witten v. Was
Scott Chandler v. NE

Its almost a guarantee that I'm starting Jennings and Nicks. I feel like the real choice is between Henderson and Green(I don't even consider Harvin an option really). I also like to play with Forte and Jones-Drew, but I was thinking of going with Mathews and Jones-Drew just because of the matchups.
cashcity
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Advice for Week 3 Starting Roster

Postby Yceman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Not bad, but do you have a flex spot so you can start all 3 RB's? I wouldn't recommend benching Forte and would actually sit MJD before I'd sit Matt. Mathews is probably a good play with as bad as KC is, but if SD gets up on KC and starts running the ball, I don't seem them pounding it with Mathews, but turning a lot to Tolbert too (who looks like he'll play). Forte and MJD aren't involved in committees and on most Sundays I'd start both of them before sitting one of them for Mathews.

As far as your WRs, a lot of people aren't sold on Green yet -- for good reason -- but he's the top WR for Cincy and Dalton's favorite target so far and he's bound to get the most targets this week, especially if Simpson doesn't play because he's a drug dealing bonehead. Besides, how many continuous weeks can Devery score on a big play? The odds are eventually going to deal him an off week, especially the way Brees like the spread the ball around. I think Green is your best bet for your third WR slot.
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby cashcity » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks man thats what I was thinking. And I wish we had flex but it was the first year for this league and didnt want to make it confusing for some people.
cashcity
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)

Postby cloudwasher » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 am

For WR, I would go with Henderson, Jennings, and Green. Nicks is still banged up with that knee injury and has a tough matchup against the philly secondary. At RB, I would go with Forte and MJD. Mathews is going to see the fewest touches of the 3 RBs there. As for TE, I would stick with Witten.

Would appreciate any help you could give me viewtopic.php?f=44&t=499096
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Who to Start/Bench