Do I need to upgrade my WR's? PPR Question...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Do I need to upgrade my WR's? PPR Question...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do I need to upgrade my WR's? PPR Question...WHIR

Postby JMT75 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:29 am

My roster in a 10 team PPR league...Brady, Rice, Forte, Best, Woodhead, McCluster, Megatron, Manningham, Jordy Nelson, Sydney Rice, Bess, Sims Walker, Gronkowski. Obviously ny team has done very well the first two weeks but I feel like I'm weak at WR. Should I look to move Best for 1/2 WR like Stevie Johnson? The guy in my league with Johnson had Jamaal Charles so he's definitely looking for a RB. Or should I stay pat? WHIR.
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Do I need to upgrade my WR's? PPR Question...WHIR

Postby hesparza77 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:45 am

I'm not sure that you will be able to get Johnson for Best. And if you do, you will potentially expose another weakness in your RBs. It's wait and see with McCluster. Personally, I'm hoping for big things from him (thanks to Charles). But Forte or Rice go down and you won't have their type of threat in your line up. I'd rather be stronger in the RBs than WRs.

viewtopic.php?t=498574
hesparza77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby offthebeatnpath » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:54 am

I would have to agree to wait and see with McCluster. You can get by right now with what you have. Manningham has underachieved so far in this league. He is due. I'd wait and see. But where I disagree with the above is that, yes, you are weak at the wr position. You have to set yourself up to win with your line up. Who is on your bench won't matter til one gets hurt. S. Johnson for Best would be a good trade IMO. But if McCluster is good, maybe you can get rid of him. Or feel better about getting rid of Best.

Help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498869
offthebeatnpath
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby mikemar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:29 pm

I think Jordy Nelson will step it up even more, so you should be pretty solid at WR

I would just stick where you are, team looks pretty good

Mine if you can
viewtopic.php?t=498881
mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 28)

Postby JMT75 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks guys. Any other opinions? WHIR
JMT75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby diablo99 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:48 pm

In all honesty, i would stand pat for now. You have Forte and Best who are both ppr monsters for rbs.

Manningham if he stays healthy is gonna see a good amount of looks due to Nicks probably getting a bunch of double teams. Furthermore, Jordy Nelson looks like he is gonna be pretty good in that offense. He is always gonna see single coverage due to the fact that there are so many playmakers on that team. He also can make things happen after he catches the ball, look at what he did last week.

MSW has shown that he can be a number one reciever as he was pretty good when healthy in Jacksonville. WIth Amendola out he is gonna get a lot of targets from Bradford.

McCluster could be very explosive for KC if they aren't always playing from behind. He has the type of speed that can change a game.

I like your team the way it is right now and you should roll with it.

Help with mine please:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498979
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions