Forte and Tate.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Qwerty22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Forte, Best, and Tate

Postby TorMenT » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:34 pm

1. Forte - Forte has been good all season and as the bears single biggest offensive weapon, I think you have no choice but to start him. The Packers defense has shown that they can give up big yardage/points as they did against the Panthers and Saints.
2. Best - The Lions offense has been moving and Best is a big part of it. Keep Best on the field. Not to mention, the Vikings defense has not been outstanding this year.

Since Foster is likely to be playing at least some of the time, I wouldn't start Tate. Forte and Best should put up more points than Tate even if he is the lone RB for the Texans this week.
TorMenT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jwb2116 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks a lot. What if Foster doesn't play though? Start Tate over Best?
jwb2116
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cloudwasher » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:38 pm

I think you go with Tate and Best. Tate will get most of the carries with Foster likely out and Ward still banged up, and Best will get lots of opportunities against the Vikings if the Lions go up on them early, which seems likely. As for Forte, I don't think you can trsut him at the moment, because that Chicago O-line can't block its way out of a paper bag.
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TorMenT » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:41 pm

cloudwasher wrote:I think you go with Tate and Best. Tate will get most of the carries with Foster likely out and Ward still banged up, and Best will get lots of opportunities against the Vikings if the Lions go up on them early, which seems likely. As for Forte, I don't think you can trsut him at the moment, because that Chicago O-line can't block its way out of a paper bag.

I don't know how you can not go with Forte. The way he put up huge yards against the Saints last week he will more than likely do it again. If the O-line is struggling, Forte will receive lots of short passes and screen plays which should be lots of short/medium gains.

As for Foster/Tate, I think Best is a safer option against the Vikings.
TorMenT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby thepsychic » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Forte is the only playmaker for Chicago and is proving to be an elite RB this year. He's getting a ton of touches both running & in the pass game. He's a must start, even against GB. You may argue GB will lock him down, but I think he'll still produce with so many touches.

Best & Tate is close. Best is more diverse with his catching ability and Minny is awful. Tate will bowl over get a ton of touches in the first 1/2, but once they fall behind the Saints, I think they'll have to air it out in the second 1/2. I just think Brees will lead NO to another high scoring victory.

help: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=498914
thepsychic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jrice20 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Funny, I just joined this forum to ask this specific question!

I'll give you what my thoughts are though. Forte isn't really the question for me; it's more a choice between Best and Tate.

Best has been gold for me in my 10-team standard league and a big reason why I'm 2-0. But it seems Tate would be a real strong play this week considering no Foster and Gary Kubiak's love for the running game/desire to control the clock against an explosive Saints' offense. I see Best as more of huge risk/reward guy and Tate as the more reliable play, but I'm hesitant to mess with what got me here...

I think I'm gonna end up going with Best especially since Foster may steal some carries from Tate but I'm interested in knowing what others think. Hope that contributes! ;-)
jrice20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench