Who is the best PURE passing QB ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the best PURE passing QB ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the best PURE passing QB ???

Postby fantasizing » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:20 pm

Not necessarily the best fantasy QB, because that probably goes to Culpepper and McNabb because they run, but these two aren't great passers. McNabb hardly ever goes deep, and Culpepper is very inaccurate and makes poor decisions.

What I mean is who is the best at throwing the ball deep and accurately. Pure passer, doesn't have to be a pocket passer either, just who is the best at throwing to WRs in stride, down the sideline, down the middle, etc, with accuracy and power??
good decision maker as well.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:24 pm

First name that comes to mind in Manning, but I bet Pennington will be awesome in a year or two.
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TTTBone » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:25 pm

Manning or McNair, and Pennington is on the rise.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:57 pm

Peyton Manning is unchallenged as of now. But like they said, Penny is fast on the rise.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:02 pm

hayesb26 wrote:Peyton Manning is unchallenged as of now. But like they said, Penny is fast on the rise.

Well, I think McNair also should get some consideration here. I'm not trying to raise the racism flag here at all, but being a Black quarterback, I think his pocket-passing abilities are sometimes undervalued. I think he's on a par with Manning, if not above, considering Tennessee's lack of a running game.
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:08 pm

Yah, McNair's awesome too, but I just tend to think Mannings better at the passing game right now and Pennington will be the best soon.

McNair is defentlty 2nd right now though, and the best overall QB this year in my opinion.
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hayesb26 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:11 pm

TTTBone wrote:being a Black quarterback, I think his pocket-passing abilities are sometimes undervalued.

You've got to be kidding me if you think McNair gets underrated as a passer because he is black.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:22 pm

hayesb26 wrote:
TTTBone wrote:being a Black quarterback, I think his pocket-passing abilities are sometimes undervalued.

You've got to be kidding me if you think McNair gets underrated as a passer because he is black.

Hey, like I said, I'm not tring to raise any flags here. Just responding to the posts, and the lack of consideration for McNair. You have to admit that there is a certain portion of the public and press who always look at Black quarterbacks, and point to "athletic ability" prior to considering their "pure passing" skills. I'm not saying this is in any way right, but you gotta admit, it does happen.
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikey » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:49 pm

McNair's a great QB (and defintely belongs in this discussion), but I don't think he's as accurate as Manning (then again, it's much easier to be accurate when you're throwing to Marvin Harrison).

And if I can interject Fantasy Football into this, my team got lit up for 10 TDs against Manning this year (yup, faced him this past Sunday and faced him previously when he had 6 TDs against the Saints). With performances like that, dude gets my vote.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:10 pm

McNair and Manning.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next