Who is the best PURE passing QB ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the best PURE passing QB ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ek » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:43 pm

Maybe I'm a little biased because he's on my team, but I'm going with Manning. Pennington has incredible accuracy/decision making but he doesn't have Manning's arm strength. While I do agree that by default black QBs are generally thought of as scramblers, white QBs as pocket passers, and Asian QBs as balanced by default, I still think McNair is not the pure passer that Manning is (which doesn't necessarily mean he's not a better quarterback). Also bear in mind that Manning calls most of his own plays, which I think is a plus.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:49 pm

I'm not biased and still say Manning. Of course, he has to be able to pass because he can't make plays with his feet.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ronald » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:53 pm

I'd have to go with Peyton Manning, too. He's made some great passes this year, and is as consistant as anyone could hope for.

Maybe Kurt Warner if he would ever get healthy again. He made things look so easy. I can't believe how far he has fallen in such a short amount of time.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby robgrandam » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:06 pm

i cant belive that hasselbeck dosent even get a mention as well as he has been playing this year...i do agree that Manning is the best passer in the NFL right now...and i truely belive that Pennington is now the real deal just not enough games to silence the critics.
robgrandam
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Buckychudd » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:12 pm

Ronald wrote:Maybe Kurt Warner if he would ever get healthy again. He made things look so easy. I can't believe how far he has fallen in such a short amount of time.

Kurt never had quite the arm strength of Manning.....short passes he was the most accurate guy out there, but he never had the 60 yd bomb.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:16 pm

How bout a healthy Brett Favre, no one has mentioned him and he was first that came to my mind. He's having an off injury plagued year, but still has incredible vision and smarts on the field. Manning is the other pure passer. and danny wuerful ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby robgrandam » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:48 pm

Farve has never been the deadliest passer...one of the strongest passers but far from a pure passer...Farve is the ultimate field general...pur grit makes him one of the best QB ever...i would watch Kelley Holcomb...he looks like he will be very dangerous as he matures as an NFL QB
robgrandam
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Purple_Pride » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:39 pm

TTTBone wrote:
hayesb26 wrote:
TTTBone wrote:being a Black quarterback, I think his pocket-passing abilities are sometimes undervalued.

You've got to be kidding me if you think McNair gets underrated as a passer because he is black.

Hey, like I said, I'm not tring to raise any flags here. Just responding to the posts, and the lack of consideration for McNair. You have to admit that there is a certain portion of the public and press who always look at Black quarterbacks, and point to "athletic ability" prior to considering their "pure passing" skills. I'm not saying this is in any way right, but you gotta admit, it does happen.

not trying to raise the flags? then dont mention his race. no one cares if he is black, white, pink or gay, no one cares. best passer has to be Manning
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Go Vikes » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:41 pm

Manning, Penny
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:46 pm

Without a DOUBT in my mind, Kordell Stewart is the most accurate passer and strongest passer in the game today.

Seriously, Tom Brady IMO is the most accurate passer, but Manning is the best deep passer.

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk