Who is the best PURE passing QB ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the best PURE passing QB ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Super Freak » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:34 am

ya'll are messed up it is Ryan Leaf!!!!! ;-D LOL JK
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Home Team » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:34 am

I have to agree with Manning here. I don't feel like McNair should even be in consideration here. The fact is, he isn't as skilled as a passer as Peyton, Penny, or even Buldger for that matter. Decision making aside (he's still a pup), Buldger should get consideration for his game as well.
Home Team

Friendliness: %

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:44 am

Home Team wrote:I have to agree with Manning here. I don't feel like McNair should even be in consideration here. The fact is, he isn't as skilled as a passer as Peyton, Penny, or even Buldger for that matter. Decision making aside (he's still a pup), Buldger should get consideration for his game as well.

I thought of Bulger and then decided not to put him down. He can't throw accurate when he is throwing deep. Last week I watched him and he can throw accurate when it is the short pstters where the guys are coming back. They went deep probably 4 times last week and one resulted in a pick and the other ones he over or under-threw the WR. One he had Holt open in the endzone and he threw it past the goal post. I don't think he is in the same teir as Manning.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:05 am

This is like a "who is the greatest RB of all time ?",,,,so in no particluar order,,,,,the best 5 this year are Manning, Favre, McNair, Hasslebeck and Pennington. and yes Jim Brown then Sanders are the one two with regards to the greatest......LOL
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby robgrandam » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:42 am

that goes with out saying Jim Brown and Barry Sanders are in a class all there own...head and shoulders above everyone else.
robgrandam
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:47 am

I loved Barry but I think Earl Cambell was the best.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:07 pm

definetly barry or jim brown, but back to the original topic, i hate peyton manning with a passion, but he is an extremely good passer. mcnair and penny are also very good. but as was said b4 leftwich from jacksonville is fantastic. sure he turns the ball over a lot, many from fumbles due to the line, but im sure at least 6 or 7 of his 12 picks are due to tipped passes. he has an absolute cannon, is very accurate, and runs about as good as a statue. he could be very well on of the best passers in the league in 2 or 3 years.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:24 pm

Manning is the best pure passer hands down. Penny is very accurate and good, but he is in a west coast offense where he is not asked to make the deep throws that often. on a good year i think bledsoe deserves a look in terms of his passing ability. This year I would say Manning is first, and mcnair is second. The thing about mcnair is that he can pass as well as pull it down and run, not to mention he's as tough as nails.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KnightWhoSaysNi » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:01 pm

I would like to comment on Pennington here - now I am a Jets fan, so of course I'm biased, but one thing about him is he makes his receivers shine; it isn't the other way around. Remember all of the talk early in the season here on these very boards that the departure of Laverneus Coles would have a great negative impact on Pennington? Well, not only did that not happen, but all of a sudden Santana Moss is one of the league's top receivers, the AFC leader in touchdowns (only the other Moss has more touchdowns than Santana).

This is only his fourth year - second as a starter - and already he is one of the top rated passers ... he may not have a shotgun arm like Favre, but I don't think that's a requirement to be a 'pure pocket passer' as the subject inquires - Joe Montana didn't have a rocket arm, but I don't think anyone would suggest he wasn't one of the best pocket passers because of it. I would certainly rate Pennington as one of the top pocket passers in the league ... he makes his receiving corps look good, not the other way around

Ni

KwsN
KnightWhoSaysNi Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Home Team » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:28 pm

Barry Sanders is the best RB of all Time!! He is in a league all by himself...the most electrifying(to borrow a phrase from WWE) RB in history playing for one of THE WORST O LINES which I feel places him above Brown!

I've said my piece!
Home Team

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk