Help Me Get A QB !!! Please ! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help Me Get A QB !!! Please !

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help Me Get A QB !!! Please !

Postby jaguiar88 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 pm

So short story Colt Mccoy is my only QB on this 1-1 team. The wire has Campbel, Dalton, McNabb, and Alex Smith. It seems most other owners want my RB's. The deals that I have been offered are Orton for Mathews or Kolb for Mathews or Flacco for Mathews. Should I do any of those? If not what deal should I be trying to make.

Yahoo Standard scoring 12 man Head to Head League. We do have a flex spot WR/RB

1QB- Colt
3WR- Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, DBowe, Nate Washington, Danny Amendola
2RB- AP, PHillis, Fred Jackson, Ryan Mathews, McCluster, Scott
1TE- Winslow, Olsen
1K- Folk
1DEF- Patriots
jaguiar88
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help Me Get A QB !!! Please !

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Matthews for Flacco seems to be the most balance one
or try F.Jax for Fitzpatrick/Newton, or try grab Grossman

or trade McCluster to Charles owner for some better QB
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 235)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby leftovers » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 pm

hey bud thx for the help on mine.

so yes you definitely need to address the qb situation via trade asap. that said, i dont think any of those guys are the answer and even though you arent starting mathews hes worth more than those 3 gentlemen. i think you should go after cam newton or fitzpatrick since both of those guys were prob drafted as backups by teams that dont need to start them. see if you can move mathews for either of them, or even jackson if you have to. or find a struggling team with a lousy rb situation and offer like jackson or mathews for their starting qb - if they have a half decent backup they might bite. orton kolb and flacco are not viable solutions imo. id rather have any of them than colt but i think you need to look for a more permanent solution. youve got great depth at rb and should move an rb for a qb, just dont get lowballed with the 3 dudes u mentioned. just think, if a roto draft were to happen today, mathews would prob go in the late 3rd or 4th round, those 3 qbs would be sitting around in the 8th round - bad value to trade RM for them straight up. good luck brah and thx again
leftovers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shaman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:26 pm

first, drop olsen and pick up a QB (probably Dalton). will maks you seem less desperate when trading.

Second, post a note that you are looking to trade hillis or fjax for a QB. see if there are any better bites ... two good target are big ben and schaub ... both off to slow starts.
Shaman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cameron10483 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Can't agree more. Matthews should bring more value than the guys you're mentioning, I'd even hold out till after this week as Matthews should have another huge day and Tolbert is starting to take a back seat. Good luck.
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:46 pm

I agree with the rest, Mathews should definitely be bringing you more value then those 3 QB's. I would go for Fitzpatrick if I was you, or try to get Matt Ryan or Tony Romo since he was just hurt.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=498767
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:39 pm

I agree with the rest. I'd go more for a Roethlisberger since you can probably buy lower on him

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=499026
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 243)

Postby diablo99 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:47 pm

yeah, i would def try and get more for mathews or fjax. I just traded Fitzpatrick for ben tate as i also own foster. So you should be able to get him for one of those two.

Good luck
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby JimiRayThunderaxe » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:38 pm

DROP OLSON and grab a Waiver Wire QB.

This idea was mentioned above and I like it. If HASSELBACK is available on the waiver wire I would consider grabbing him. He's better than any of those other guys.

I would also NOT trade Mathews. I WOULD trade Hillis as I feel a drop off coming and now there is word he may be dinged up. He still has massive trade potential and I agree you should target someone with two quality QBs who could part with a stud for Hillis.

Agree with whomever said Flacco, Orton and Kolb are not worthy of Mathews. Tolbert is injured and playing badly when healthy so there is potential for him to blow up. None of those QBs have that sort of upside IMHO.

I would use Hillis or maybe FJax to target Romo. Fitzpatrick makes me a little nervous with a now banged up S Johnson and a fade down the stretch last year in nast Buffalo weather.

Ideally someone has Stafford as a back up and you could trade Hillis or FJax for him.

Otherwise I'd see about playing the WW and trading one of your RBs for a STUD WR. Take a look at defenses like Jacksonville and (I think) the Cowboys who suck against the pass and grab QBs that play them. Use Hillis to grab L Fitzgerald or the like and strengthen your team in other areas. It seems to me that QB - especially this year - is an area where you can play the waiver wire and get by as long as the rest of you team is solid.
JimiRayThunderaxe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 30)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions