Buying into the Bills? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buying into the Bills?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Buying into the Bills?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 am

Thanks for hitting me up in both places!! Good work!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Purple1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:50 am

I've been buying since last season.

Just traded for Fitzparick in my big money league. So now I have the Fitz/Stevie Johnson combo on both my teams this year I also have CJ spiler in both leagues and picked up Chandler in one. I'm all in on Buffalo!

People were laughing at me at the draft for picking so many BIlls....we'll see if they are still laughing at the end of the year. I'd be suprised if the Bills make the playoffs but fantasy wise that offense is a goldmine this year.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Buying into the Bills?

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:55 am

But Spiller? I'm hoping he ends the season with any roster start ability.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Purple1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:52 pm

FatFoot wrote:But Spiller? I'm hoping he ends the season with any roster start ability.

Yeah well with the way Freddie's playing he's not looking so hot right now can't win em all I guess.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:49 pm

I think I'm officially buying in. That was an awesome game.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Hippo45 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:But you completely ignored that the Pats aren't really all that good against the run...they just aren't. They played against a RB who is really more of a WR playing RB (Bush) and then against the Chargers, Tolbert may not have had a good day but Mathews ran pretty easily against them averaging over 5 ypc. And Jackson is definitely a more polished runner than Mathews and I think he'll have plenty of success...the Bills have been winning through the air and I don't think we'll see the Pats focus on stopping the running game when they've been making all their plays in the passing game.

The Pats added Haynesworth specifically to plug up the middle and so far he had done a good job of stopping the inside run. The Pats give up a lot of yards through the air because A) they are weaker against the pass and B) score a lot of points so teams need to pass a lot to catch up. Jackson is a more polished runner than Mathews? I don't see how you can make that conclusion based off how they have played this season.

And what has Haynsesworth done on defense to "plug up that middle" against RBs this year? (And again, we're not counting Reggie Bush as a RB) The Pats defense is mediocre at BEST against both the run and the pass. Maybe the Pats are only trying to score so many points because they know they're going to need to if they want to win these games.

And it's pretty obvious watching those two guys play that Jackson is the better, more polished runner than Mathews right now. Mathews has some talent but Jackson is the better back and he showed exactly what I was talking about today against the Pats. Jackson has completely outplayed Mathews this season...so I'm not sure I understand where you're getting it that we can't base much off of how they've played this season...the difference is night and day!
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Jackson and Matthews had EXTREMELY similar stat lines against the Pats, while Matthews was losing touches to Tolbert. In fact, the last two weeks, the guys have been really close. I don't see why today's performance would help anyone make his mind up that Jackson is such a superior talent.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Lovin' the Fitz to Stevie Johnson connection. Is Chandler worthy of starting now? The guy has 4 TDs in 3 weeks.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby dgan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:51 pm

I think all the offensive weapons are for real now. Fitzpatrick was a different QB once the weather turned cold last year, so I would get your money's worth now. Maybe he learned from last year, but I wouldn't be counting on that for your fantasy playoffs. Even though they have Miami and Denver in weeks 15/16, it is in Buffalo. FJax is the only guy I would trust. Just my opinion until Fitzpatrick shows me he can keep this up for a full season.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:29 am

I could buy into the offense, but I'm not sure if I'm buying into the team at all. There still giving up a ton of points (at home no less) and that's bringing themselves into shootout mode. Reminds me a bit of the Texans a few years ago without all the preseason hype, though they're getting a ton of play in season now. We'll have to see where they're sitting after playing the next 3 weeks going into their bye, where I could see them at either 3-3 or even 5-1, they have some tough road games on their schedule so we'll have to see how they play outside of Buffalo.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk