Bench D.Bowe this week??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bench D.Bowe this week???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bench D.Bowe this week???

Postby casem2k2 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:45 am

Non PPR

Should I bench Dwayne Bowe this week vs. SD?

If so who should I start in his place?

Vernon Davis vs CIN
Johnny Knox vs GB
Davone Bess vs CLE
casem2k2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bench D.Bowe this week???

Postby casem2k2 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:49 am

any help?
casem2k2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cloudwasher » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:52 am

I think Bess is your most favorable option. Its hard to trust Bowe when KC has a total of 10 points in 2 games and he's the only real play maker left on the team, in addition to it being a road game against the #1 pass defense from last year.

Would appreciate any help you could give me viewtopic.php?f=44&t=499096
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby drhanl » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:56 am

I would definitely play Bowe over those other options. KC is bad, but surely they are not as bad as they have been the first 2 weeks. I like KC to beat the spread of 14 1/2 this. SD plays down to competition, coming off a terrible loss. I like KC to keep this one closer than people think. If so, Bowe is going to have to put up decent numbers, because they have nothing else.

I like Bowe as a buy low commodity. I'd stick with him this week.

viewtopic.php?t=499107
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby BearsFan65 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:11 am

Admitted anti-Bowe comment here, so take my comments with the appropriate measure of salt. Crazy as it sounds, I'd consider benching Bowe for Knox this week. I think I could be the Chargers DC this week and gameplan it right - double Bowe on every snap, account for McCluster when he's on the field, and force anyone else to beat you. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bowe put up a donut, as he did a couple of times last year. The Bears will have a hard time protecting Cutler, but Knox will get opportunities, and the Packers have given up back-to-back 400 yard passing efforts. Knox is still the best receiver and best deep ball threat on that team, and while he may not have a monster game, I still think he outproduces Bowe this week.

As for KC not being as bad as they've shown - actually, they might be. New OC, overrated QB, best player done for the year, only one real threat on the field and an inconsistent one at that. Have you seen Cassel and Bowe's numbers since Charlie Weis left? Buffalo and Detroit are good defenses, but 10 points in two games against those two teams is pretty scary. Oh, and this game is not at Arrowhead, it's in San Diego against a good team coming off a loss they inflicted on themselves. I don't disagree with the idea of KC beating the spread this week, but if they do it, they're going to have to do it with their D. This won't be a 30-24 game...if it's close, 17-13 sounds more like it. Good luck!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Return to Who to Start/Bench