Foster or Tate? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Foster or Tate?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Foster or Tate?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:47 am

Okay I give up. I have no idea what Houston is going to do with their RB's. This year in my favorite league. The big money keeper ppr league. Last year I had a terrible year and ended up with first pick overall. So i kept MJD, and then took Foster with the first pick. I was so excited to get him. Thinking I just got one of the best RB in the league and he could be my new keeper and I could finally cut ties with MJD.

Then came the hamstring. Then came Tate. I mean whats going on? LUCKILY I drafted Tate so I wont suffer that bad if they do have a changing of the guard. I just wish I knew what their plans are. Are their plans really to lean on Tate until Arian is healthy and then its Fosters gig again? Or are they happy with leaning on Tate and going 50/50 when Foster is ready to rumble?

What do you guys think? Is Foster still going to be the fantasy star that he was last year or has this whole thing screwed up his chances??
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Foster or Tate?

Postby teezy33 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:14 am

Remember, last year Tate was going to be THE GUY before he went down for the season, so I don't think Houston has no faith in the guy...Foster is a great back but he's also the product of a great system and a great O-line.

At this point, I'd say I can't trust Foster until he's absolutely 100% healthy and back to starting status. Even if he's healthy, Houston may roll with a time share (why wouldn't they when they've got two solid RB's?)...Either way I think it's safe to say Foster is a long shot to even come close to his '10 season.

I wouldn't try to trade Foster because he just has no value right now and there's no point, but I wouldn't try to trade Tate, because muscle strains can be problematic and linger, and if Foster keeps trying to come back and play when he's not fully healthy he's either going to re-injure himself or play like suck, so Tate has a great bit of upside right now.

I'd hold onto both, and start Tate in the short-term (at least while he's starting), and see how this whole thing plays out over the season.
teezy33
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Foster or Tate?

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:32 pm

teezy33 wrote:Remember, last year Tate was going to be THE GUY before he went down for the season, so I don't think Houston has no faith in the guy...Foster is a great back but he's also the product of a great system and a great O-line.

At this point, I'd say I can't trust Foster until he's absolutely 100% healthy and back to starting status. Even if he's healthy, Houston may roll with a time share (why wouldn't they when they've got two solid RB's?)...Either way I think it's safe to say Foster is a long shot to even come close to his '10 season.

I wouldn't try to trade Foster because he just has no value right now and there's no point, but I wouldn't try to trade Tate, because muscle strains can be problematic and linger, and if Foster keeps trying to come back and play when he's not fully healthy he's either going to re-injure himself or play like suck, so Tate has a great bit of upside right now.

I'd hold onto both, and start Tate in the short-term (at least while he's starting), and see how this whole thing plays out over the season.

Yup, kind of what im planning on doing. At this point I dont even know what way im hoping for. Foster to return to last years form or just get out of Tate's way and let him be the man. Im just happy I have both. I guess a 50/50 split would be the worst thing.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk