Not Easy - Steve Smith or Mike Wallace? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Not Easy - Steve Smith or Mike Wallace?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Not Easy - Steve Smith or Mike Wallace?

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:36 am

Smith vs. Jax
Wallace @ Indy

-I've narrowed it down to 1 of these guys for my 3rd wr spot. The basic thought is Wallace may not be needed as much in the 2nd half if Pitt is up big = Smith getting the start. Im wondering if there is something more Im missing. Defensive scemes, opposing cb's, ect....Any info you guys have on making this tough call would be appreciated, thanks.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Not Easy - Steve Smith or Mike Wallace?

Postby jptx » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:39 am

Wow, this is tough. Both guys have been lighting it up, I tend to think the Carolina/Jax game will be a handoff fest and Cam has to come down to earth at some point.....right?????? I like Wallace just beacuase I think he is the less risky play here, Roethlisberger will surely target him early and often and take some deep shots.

Thoughts?http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=499059
7 Year Dynasty/Keeper League
*2X Champion*
jptx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)

Postby TaDa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:41 am

Thing is, the Steelers should be up huge by halftime. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that Big Ben doesn't throw more than 2 or 3 times in the second half. Thus, this makes Wallace a risky play as well. Personally, I would go with Wallace, but I don't expect him to go insane.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby cloudwasher » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:43 am

I would roll with Smith just because its likely the Steelers go up early and run out the clock in the 2nd half. He'll see more targets and have more opportunities. He also seems to be Newton's favorite target. This is a very close decision though and I could see you going either way on it.
cloudwasher
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby hangloos » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:45 am

Mr.Joshua wrote:Smith vs. Jax
Wallace @ Indy

-I've narrowed it down to 1 of these guys for my 3rd wr spot. The basic thought is Wallace may not be needed as much in the 2nd half if Pitt is up big = Smith getting the start. Im wondering if there is something more Im missing. Defensive scemes, opposing cb's, ect....Any info you guys have on making this tough call would be appreciated, thanks.

Smith and Wallace is your 3rd WR? Wow, you must have drafted well. You prob don't miss much, but I am sure PIT will probably run all day cause Indy can't really score much. Go with Smith.

Help me with mine. viewtopic.php?t=499061
hangloos
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Return to Who to Start/Bench