Tate for Vincent Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Tate for Vincent Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tate for Vincent Jackson

Postby psorb1 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Tate's value seems to be an all time high, but V. Jax is also. Would you trade Tate to get Jackson? Or is Tate the real deal in Houston this year. I do not like the hammy issue with Foster and Tate may be a real steal.

Leave a link.
psorb1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tate for Vincent Jackson

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:19 pm

I dont think I would trade Tate yet. Im a foster keeper league owner and I dont like the situation. Luckily I drafted Tate. All im saying is that Foster got his job in a similiar situation, and its starting to look like a big part of the success is the O line and Schaub and Andre. I truly want Foster to get his job back but at this point nobody really knows. I think its too early to trade him for a WR that just had a hot game.

If it was for Andre or Fitz or someone then maybe, but I would not do it for Vincent.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Raydio » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Why opinion differs a bit from the last post. I like Jackson in this deal. Tate is playing well now and his value is high. When Foster is back at 100% he will be the featured back and tate will be limited again. I would do this trade while the value is high. You may lose out in the short term, but I think it is a better long term option. If you are struggling now you may want to keep your roster where it is, but if you have wiggle room and are thinking long term I think Jackson is the better play.

Remember, just my opinion. Just weigh your options.

Please Help
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=499154
Raydio
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Raydio wrote:Why opinion differs a bit from the last post. I like Jackson in this deal. Tate is playing well now and his value is high. When Foster is back at 100% he will be the featured back and tate will be limited again. I would do this trade while the value is high. You may lose out in the short term, but I think it is a better long term option. If you are struggling now you may want to keep your roster where it is, but if you have wiggle room and are thinking long term I think Jackson is the better play.

Please Help

Trust me, I want to believe what you said and Im truly hoping that that is the case. I want Foster to get his job back and be the man. I just remember Foster getting his job in a situation almost exactly like this one.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby K0wned » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:37 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
Raydio wrote:Why opinion differs a bit from the last post. I like Jackson in this deal. Tate is playing well now and his value is high. When Foster is back at 100% he will be the featured back and tate will be limited again. I would do this trade while the value is high. You may lose out in the short term, but I think it is a better long term option. If you are struggling now you may want to keep your roster where it is, but if you have wiggle room and are thinking long term I think Jackson is the better play.

Please Help

Trust me, I want to believe what you said and Im truly hoping that that is the case. I want Foster to get his job back and be the man. I just remember Foster getting his job in a situation almost exactly like this one.

Best case for Tate is that when Foster comes back it will be a split carry situation. Foster is a star, and when he is healthy he will get touches. VJax is going to be the top WR in SD, and will continue to have big games. I doubt Vjax owner will give him up for tate, but it won't hurt to try.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions