Waiver Wire Pickup to start at QB!!! WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Waiver Wire Pickup to start at QB!!! WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Waiver Wire Pickup to start at QB!!! WHIR!!

Postby GTOon19Z » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Ok, so I have Eli on my team, and don't feel confident at all in starting him.

I then picked up Matt Hasselbeck, but - and this is the million dollar question - CAN I DO BETTER??

Options on waiver wire include:

Grossman VS DAL
Dalton VS SF
Cassel VS SD

Thoughts???
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Waiver Wire Pickup to start at QB!!! WHIR!!

Postby FARAGI1989 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:51 pm

wow that is a tough one but i like eli, rex is good as long as he has his team behind him the guy can do great and i dont see Romo in the game for that long, also hasselbeck is a solid play but you gotta believe that run game in guna pick up. and then there is little eli, you never really know when he is guna show up to play, but i will tell you this if that D line gets after vick early and often they might take him out and then the eagles have problems. but i would have to go with the best potential for points and the best QB, IMO go Eli

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=499150
FARAGI1989
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KK_Cowboy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Eli isn't that great. I would honestly rather have Grossman or even Dalton ahead of Eli right now. Grossman should have a very good game against the Cowboys and Dalton will be sneaky good against the 49ers.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BearsFan65 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Take away two circus catches by Nicks and one by Hixon, and Eli has been abysmal this year. If you're looking for this week only, I think Hass is a great play against a depleted Denver secondary (no Champ Bailey). For the year? You could probably do pretty well having both Hass and Grossman and playing the matcnups. Good luck!

Help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=499153
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Postby rcergo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Eli is sketch against the eagles... although i could see him throwing a couple td's from behind, that secondary is going to eat him up all game.
SF's run D is stingy so you know cincy will be airing it out to Green and company all day... as we saw Dallas beat SF deep multiple times last week.
However, my gut is telling me Grossman on this one... He's been solid this year and it doesn't look like Washington is going to stop airing it out.
rcergo
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Who to Start/Bench