Rodgers for Fitzpatrick TRADE!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Rodgers for Fitzpatrick TRADE!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rodgers for Fitzpatrick TRADE!!

Postby bricox171 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:28 am

So, I know alot of people are high on Fitzpatrick these days but I'm just not feeling it. I have Fitz and Freeman as my QB's and I want to get someone like Rodgers. So I proposed this trade:

I get: Rodgers, Tolbert, Bowe
I send: Fitzpatrick, Fitzgerald, Foster

Here's my team as of right now:
QB-Fitz, Freeman
RB-Foster/Tate, Best, Bradshaw, Greene, Felix, Helu
WR-Fitz, C. Johnson, Welker, Lloyd
TE-V. Davis
D-SD, 49ers

The other team has Bowe, J. Nelson and Harvin as his WR's so he could clearly use the help there. He has Forte, Sjax, Tolbert, and Sproles so thats clearly his strong spot. I am a firm believer in not trying to swindle trades but do what ever it would take to make both partners in the trades happy. Would this trade be good a good trade for me, but not hurt him?

League settings are PPR, with a little more emphasis on QB's: 6pts for TD's, points for 400+yrds and pts for 40+ and 50+ yrd Tds.

If ya need to know anything else about the league, just lemme know! Thanks for any and all input!
bricox171
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rodgers for Fitzpatrick TRADE!!

Postby Stevooo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:10 am

Fitz > Bowe (by far) Foster > Tolbert (He will be back and you have Tate anyways) Fitzpat < Rodgers.
Fitzpat has been solid, keep riding him. You're selling Foster at his low point. I dont like this for you at all.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=499323
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Re: Rodgers for Fitzpatrick TRADE!!

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:26 am

i like the idea and i also like your trading concept, i think that's what trade is about, benefit both team ;-D

Fitzpatrick is a rising star but obviously not top 5 QB yet
BUF is extremely strong this year with Fitzpatrick, F.Jackson and S.Johnson, and should keep Fitzpatrick's production up to par with other top QB, maybe not Brees, Rodger and Brady tier, but should be at least up to Romo tier.

Bowe is having a bad season, in fact, whole KC is having a bad season, and Fitzgerald is doing decent with Kolb (must say i am a little surprised), so obviously it's a huge upgrade on WR

Foster is late gamer, meaning if you can hold your rank high enough before Foster recover, then it's definitely the RB you want keep and will help you win play-off, on the other hand, Tolbert has been doing well and is very decent RB2, Foster's value goes down (injury+Tate's good performance) and Tolbert's value goes up, therefore they are pretty even right now (Foster should become more valuable as season goes)

Fitzgerald downgrade to Lloyd is not that big of a deal if Lloyd play up to his projection value, however i am just worry your RB might be a little weak as season move on, Bradshaw didn't show much yet, Greene is not looking good, Helu still fighting for his RB1 position with Hightower, and Tate lose his value as Foster recover.
you are really rely on Tolbert/Best to cover your RB production.

After all, being 6pt passing TD, upgrade to Rodger is clearing nice and seeing your WR can handle the lost of Fitzgerald, this trade should improve your team, and other team got huge improvement on his WR that's enough to cover his QB downgrade, also, you never know how well can Fitzpatrick do.

acceptable downgrade on WR, lost possible play-off star RB but grabbed decent RB2 for better early season matchup, nice upgrade on QB. Other team downgraded on QB, lost decent RB but take chance of having play-off star RB, and big upgrade on WR
i think it's fair and win-win trade, good job, matter in fact, if we strictly talking about trade and not looking at your roster, you are giving slight more than what other team is giving you back.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions