Hightower or D. Thomas? and a Dez ? ** WHIR ** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Hightower or D. Thomas? and a Dez ? ** WHIR **

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hightower or D. Thomas? and a Dez ? ** WHIR **

Postby prophecy135 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:29 am

Just wondering what everyone would do here, either Hightower @ Dallas or Daniel Thomas @ Cleveland. This would be for a flex posistion, so IF Dez does start I could swap Dez in also.

I personally feel like Daniel Thomas will get the majority of the carries, and I think Helu might start his run at taking the starting job from Hightower. From what I saw last week, Helu looked much better then Hightower, although this was in the second half after Hightower had amassed some 70+ yards. I also like @ Cleveland matchup better then @ Dallas matchup, I know division games are tough to predict as the teams know eachother so well.

Who do you think is more likely to have a big game (100+ yards or a score) and would you even bother looking at Dez concidering he has been at best limited in practice, and that was only for Saturday?

Thanks for looking, and as always leave a link and I WHIR!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hightower or D. Thomas? and a Dez ? ** WHIR **

Postby farrell_i » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:57 am

Definitely a tough call as both guys are in awkward time shares. Hightower is definitely safer because he will start for sure. Yes, Thomas had a big game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reggie Bush suddenly took the bulk of the carries again. If you think you need to have a huge game from that position and are willing to gamble, go with Thomas. If you think you just need 10 pts, go with Hightower.

Thanks for the help!
farrell_i
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Tony Micelli » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:13 am

It's a close one for me too. I think I'd give a slight edge to Daniel Thomas though. Looked good last week and should get some opportunities against a mediocre Browns D. I'd go Hightower second. Not sure how much they're going to involve Helu, though, which is a concern. And Dez may or may not play. Too risk, IMO. Thanks for your help.
QB's - Rodgers, Stafford

RB's - McFadden, J. Starks, Sproles, Felix Jones,DeMarco Murray

WR's -Larry Fitzgerald, M. Williams (TB), Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown

TE - Dustin Keller, Jake Ballard

K - J. Kasay

Def - Jets, 49ers
Tony Micelli
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:42 am

I like Thomas facing a weaker run Defense, CLE is ranked 24th in the year in rushing. I'd look to them using it to their advantage to run some time off the clock.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby DolphinsDelRey » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:56 am

I'd probably start Hightower over Thomas at this point. The Redskins were pretty adamant about Hightower remaining the guy in Washington and I can see him having a good game today. It could go either way, but I'd go with him at this point.
DolphinsDelRey
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench