how did the rookies fare in your league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

how did the rookies fare in your league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

how did the rookies fare in your league?

Postby BradtheImpaler » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:55 pm

one rook zoomed to a 7-1 record but has faltered lately, and i think the other rookie started 2-6 or so....now they are at 8-5(3rdplace) and 6-7(6th place)

the 8-5 guy really never watched football before, but read, and read a ton before the draft, and he had a stellar draft.....the other guy took too many chances in the draft, picking gannon, ray lewis, and urlacher with his first 3 picks, but he became a real w/w savy type of guy. he was totally instructed to get rb's early and didnt but he ended up getting some decent players as the season went on.

funny thing was that the top 2 teams(owners) in our league last year were not invited back to compete this year.....hmmmmm, gee i wonder what the deal was there......angry commish perhaps....LOL, so they get replaced by 2 rookies, and the third guy we added this year was a 3/4 year fantasy veteren.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dihall » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:04 am

That doesn't seem right! Just because they gave people a run for their money shouldn't mean they can't play next year! It sounds like your commish is a poor sport! :-t As far as the rookies in the league I play in this year, that would be me and we are 11 and 2 right now, sitting soley in first place by 2 games I think once the points are calculated today. Was a rookie last year in the league I played in then and won the league and the super bowl. ;-D Hopefully we will be asked back next year. There is one other rookie this year, I think, who is pulling up the rear at 2 and 11 I think. It really was the luck of the draw this year since we had an automatic draft due to having owners all over the place.

QBs: Manning, Garcia, Carr
RBs: R. Williams, L. Betts, T.J. Ducket, T. Barber
WRs: M. Harrison, T. Holt, J. Horn, A. Toomer, D. Mason, R. Wayne
TEs: S. Sharpe, A. Crumpler
K: M. Andersen
D Flex: Strahan, Dhani Jones, D. Sharper

Plays 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3 Off. Flex, 1K, 3 D. Flex each game

Sandbox league, non-keeper, head-to-head, 10 team league
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby take_that » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:12 am

two new rookies in my league....one started out 6-0 then lost 4 out of the next 6 games. He has to win his last game to make the final playoff spot at 9-4.

the other rookie isn't fairing nearly as well with a 2-10 recor.
9th place out of 11 teams.

Last year was my rookie year and i finished tied for last thanks to kurt warner and me not knowing when to let people go. this year i have turned it around. I started out slow at 0-2 and was like not again, made some changes and bamm!! 10 straight wins
Fantasy Bowl Champs: Skinz(12-3) 11 Coaches

T.Brady, J.Kitna
A.Green, M.Faulk, R.Johnson, G.Hearst, A.Harris
T.Holt, A.Boldin, J.Smith, D.Driver
B.Miller, D.Graham
G. Anderson
Chiefs, Vikes
Ray Lewis, Mike Barrow, Champ Baley
take_that
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Scotsman88 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:16 am

I'm an expansion team in my league this year, and made the playoffs thx to CHad Pennington last night. Finished with a 6-6-1 record. Big thx to my studs, Stephen Davis and Matt Hasselbeck.

the other rookie in my league finished 3-10, poor guy!! :~(

TE: Shockey, and Franks
PK: Janikowski, J. Brown
Def: Ravens, and Bills
Scotsman88
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby KnightWhoSaysNi » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:15 am

This is my rookie year and I ended with an 11-3 record, best in the league ...

Ni!

KwsN
KnightWhoSaysNi Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Exploding Sheep » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:25 am

This is my first year as well. 12-1, best record in the league, most points, highest power ranking.
Exploding Sheep Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Arlo » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:46 am

One rookie in my league; just clinched a playoff spot. ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikey » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:53 am

Two rookies in my league (me being one). I'm in 2nd and he's in 4th in our 10-team league. We both got there in different ways: me working the the wire and through trades, him with a great draft.

The rest of the guys are veterans. The team in first place has played for 5+ seasons and has an 11-2 record (some luck, but his team is also pretty good). The guy who's talked the most smack and has played the longest is in 8th place, just barely holding on to the last playoff spot.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:00 am

IN my 8 team league all but 3 are rookies. One of the vets drafted poorly and has been a ghost team and the two others are making the playoffs. I am making the playoffs. The Ghost vet is out and one of the rooks is out. One guy made the playoffs with a 6-7 team having scored the lowest amount of points in the league at 904. He got lucky.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DUKE » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:10 am

1 Rookie in my league, and after the draft, I thought that he was going to have a strong season. He has a lot of points, but is in last place in the league.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Next

Return to Football Talk