duh, thats why you dont draft garbage
Aberfoyle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chris Johnson sucks

Postby beastykato » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:31 pm

He was disappointing in quite a few games last season too. Maybe with Britt out focus will return to him a little more? He's definitely a top tier back, but I do think he is a little overrated. CJ2K is dead and gone. He is just CJ now.
QB: M. Stafford, T. Pryor
RB: J. Charles, Chris Johnson, D. Sproles, Ben Tate, Willis McGahee
WR:J. Nelson, A. Boldin, J. Gordon, P. Harvin, H. Douglas, T. Williams
TE: J. Witten, J. Cameron
K: G. Hartley
DEF: Chiefs
beastykato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby phackney » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 pm

I'll admit that I've never really watched him that much until this year because I've never owned him in any leagues, but man this dude is a pansy. He has to be the most overrated RB in the NFL in years, he and Shonn Greene. This guy is killing my team.
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby m16a » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:42 am

phackney wrote:I'll admit that I've never really watched him that much until this year because I've never owned him in any leagues, but man this dude is a pansy. He has to be the most overrated RB in the NFL in years, he and Shonn Greene. This guy is killing my team.

This about says it all. The frustration part. He's a solid runner, but I just don't know what's wrong. And to think, Shady McCoy was on the board when I drafted CJ2K... :-t
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby TaDa » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:10 pm

And I'm damn glad that I took Shady in my PPR league.

In my other league which is pretty TD and yardage heavy, non-PPR, I'm trying to buy CJ cheap, but the owner isn't currently listening. Guess he's just too pissed or optimistic.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:40 pm

TaDa wrote:And I'm damn glad that I took Shady in my PPR league.

In my other league which is pretty TD and yardage heavy, non-PPR, I'm trying to buy CJ cheap, but the owner isn't currently listening. Guess he's just too pissed or optimistic.

I dont own CJ in any leagues but if I did at this point the best move is to just hold onto him and hope for the best. Moving him for less than half of what hes normally worth would be a bad move IMO. I do however think he just got the money and just dont care anymore. He does not even look like the same guy....
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:34 pm

I haven't seen the Titans at all, but the lack of CJ highlights tells me he isn't the same RB. I spent a second round pick on him and have regrets.
Like the Spree says, you pretty much have to wait for a big game to sell or raise your hopes, and that just got harder with Brit done for season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:07 am

As a CJ owner in one league, it is frustrating that he's being held in check, but I don't see any reason to panic. He is still a RB in his prime who is fast as hell and one season removed from a 2000 yard season. he held out for all of camp, so it was to be expected that he would have a slow start. I don't think anyone would have guessed this bad, but in game 1 he didn't get the full workload of carries. so really he has been sucking for about 2.5 games now.

Last year I was a Greg Jennings owner, and I was freaking out when through 5 games he managed a measly 14 catches for 183 yards, which equates to an average of just under 3 catches per game for just over 36 yards per game. He finished the next 11 games with 1082 yards for an average of 98 yards per game, and finished the year with 1,265 total yards. I would have been foolish to trade him away after he was underperforming for 5 games. His talent didn't go anywhere, it just took longer than expected for him to get it going.

So, all you CJ owners have faith. Don't hit the accept button when another owner offers you Beanie Wells for CJ (as happened in my league). He will have his days. It only takes him one play to have a good day. ;-D
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby m16a » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:04 am

Dolfan19 wrote:As a CJ owner in one league, it is frustrating that he's being held in check, but I don't see any reason to panic. He is still a RB in his prime who is fast as hell and one season removed from a 2000 yard season. he held out for all of camp, so it was to be expected that he would have a slow start. I don't think anyone would have guessed this bad, but in game 1 he didn't get the full workload of carries. so really he has been sucking for about 2.5 games now.

Last year I was a Greg Jennings owner, and I was freaking out when through 5 games he managed a measly 14 catches for 183 yards, which equates to an average of just under 3 catches per game for just over 36 yards per game. He finished the next 11 games with 1082 yards for an average of 98 yards per game, and finished the year with 1,265 total yards. I would have been foolish to trade him away after he was underperforming for 5 games. His talent didn't go anywhere, it just took longer than expected for him to get it going.

So, all you CJ owners have faith. Don't hit the accept button when another owner offers you Beanie Wells for CJ (as happened in my league). He will have his days. It only takes him one play to have a good day. ;-D

This might be one of the singularly best posts I have read at the cafe. Keep your head on straight. Your best bet is to ride it out. That's what I'm gonna try and do, and see how it works out. Good stuff Dolfan. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting