Chris Johnson sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Chris Johnson sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Chris Johnson sucks

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:43 pm

m16a wrote:
Dolfan19 wrote:As a CJ owner in one league, it is frustrating that he's being held in check, but I don't see any reason to panic. He is still a RB in his prime who is fast as hell and one season removed from a 2000 yard season. he held out for all of camp, so it was to be expected that he would have a slow start. I don't think anyone would have guessed this bad, but in game 1 he didn't get the full workload of carries. so really he has been sucking for about 2.5 games now.

Last year I was a Greg Jennings owner, and I was freaking out when through 5 games he managed a measly 14 catches for 183 yards, which equates to an average of just under 3 catches per game for just over 36 yards per game. He finished the next 11 games with 1082 yards for an average of 98 yards per game, and finished the year with 1,265 total yards. I would have been foolish to trade him away after he was underperforming for 5 games. His talent didn't go anywhere, it just took longer than expected for him to get it going.

So, all you CJ owners have faith. Don't hit the accept button when another owner offers you Beanie Wells for CJ (as happened in my league). He will have his days. It only takes him one play to have a good day. ;-D

This might be one of the singularly best posts I have read at the cafe. Keep your head on straight. Your best bet is to ride it out. That's what I'm gonna try and do, and see how it works out. Good stuff Dolfan. ;-D

Oh, he just made you feel all warm and fuzzy about owning CJ!!! Just kidding lol, I hope it works out for you CJ owners.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby phackney » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:22 pm

I watched part of the game yesterday, he had better numbers, he just does not look that explosive this year. I bet if they gave Ringer the work they're giving Johnson, he'd produce 2x the output. I think I'm going to try to get something out of Johnson this week after he put up decent numbers.
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby fantasy_oaf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:07 pm

bump.

this guy has taken stealing money to a completely new level. It's truly unprecedented.

how much of his record setting contract is guaranteed? Tennessee should do another unprecedented move and cut him. on Wednesday.
fantasy_oaf
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Lung » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:15 pm

If he couldn't get it done at home vs. the Colts, then he never will this season.

Try to move him for whatever peanuts you can get for him.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby moochman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:15 pm

latsprewell20002000 wrote:
m16a wrote:
Dolfan19 wrote:As a CJ owner in one league, it is frustrating that he's being held in check, but I don't see any reason to panic. He is still a RB in his prime who is fast as hell and one season removed from a 2000 yard season. he held out for all of camp, so it was to be expected that he would have a slow start. I don't think anyone would have guessed this bad, but in game 1 he didn't get the full workload of carries. so really he has been sucking for about 2.5 games now.

Last year I was a Greg Jennings owner, and I was freaking out when through 5 games he managed a measly 14 catches for 183 yards, which equates to an average of just under 3 catches per game for just over 36 yards per game. He finished the next 11 games with 1082 yards for an average of 98 yards per game, and finished the year with 1,265 total yards. I would have been foolish to trade him away after he was underperforming for 5 games. His talent didn't go anywhere, it just took longer than expected for him to get it going.

So, all you CJ owners have faith. Don't hit the accept button when another owner offers you Beanie Wells for CJ (as happened in my league). He will have his days. It only takes him one play to have a good day. ;-D

This might be one of the singularly best posts I have read at the cafe. Keep your head on straight. Your best bet is to ride it out. That's what I'm gonna try and do, and see how it works out. Good stuff Dolfan. ;-D

Oh, he just made you feel all warm and fuzzy about owning CJ!!! Just kidding lol, I hope it works out for you CJ owners.

After failing to show up vs a very weak Colts D I can't help but wonder just how much more we will see of Chrissy Johnson. I know one league that will see him on the waiver wire tomorrow. Right now Chrissy would have to start excreating furballs to produce anything remotely feeling warm and fuzzy. 8-o

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby fantasy_oaf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:28 pm

I'm picking up Ringer if my ww priority holds up. I'm done with Christina.

I looked up his contract and it's $30 million guaranteed. ouch.
fantasy_oaf
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:34 pm

i questioned keeping this bum in my money league but couldnt bring myself to get rid of him. i wont make the same mistake next year. titans fans were all calling to pay the man when he was holding out. hope you all are enjoying that investment..going to kill your budget for awhile for a buster :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:13 pm

I literally cant believe it. He was SO dominating. He was breaking out 200 yard games like ALL the time. Now he just gets the ball and lies down at first contact. The waiting and hoping for the CJ4.24 to return is done. Its all over for him. The time to give up hope is now.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TaDa » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 am

Thank God I took McCoy in both leagues even Johnson was available.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby 16FAC » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:41 am

I traded Hakeem Nicks for CJ2K and Santonio Holmes three weeks ago. Holmes has been serviceable in two of the three games but I definitely lost out on this deal. The upside was just too much to keep me from pulling the trigger. What a fool I am! Now I wouldn't even be able to get Maurice Morris for him.
16FAC
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 120)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting