Johnny Knox's punt return for a TD. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Johnny Knox's punt return for a TD.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Johnny Knox's punt return for a TD.

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:47 pm

FatFoot wrote:
GreenAndYellow12 wrote:Gambling. I would almost guarantee the official or someone important had big money on this game. Not unusual. It's a pretty big rivalry game. Rematch of the NFC Championship. Someone could have put big money on the Packers who were favored by 6. That touchdown then would have made the Bears covering. I've seen many of times. Last year or the year before in the Steelers game. Can't remember who they played but something similar happened at the end of the game. Not a punt return, but a phantom call.

Yeah, except for the Chicago sideline reporters, who detailed the hold, and the fact that Graham admitted (on the field, and after the game) that there was a hold, Mike Pereira said there was a hold, etc...

http://www.bearsbacker.com/2011/09/afte ... lled-back/

Video and a screen shot of the hold...

I think the flag should have been picked up, because the hold was closer to the Hester side of the play, not the Knox side of the play. But when the flag was thrown, I bet the ref didn't know where the ball was either. Let's not pretend that there's a gambling conspiracy big enough to cause so many people to be involved... ALL of the reporters? Corey Graham is going to risk his career? Mike Pereira had some money on it too?

I'm a Bears fan. ONLY. I grew up in Chicago. I hate the Packers (but WHAT A TEAM!) But the conspiracy crap is so played out.

Maybe you actually CAN point out an instance where gambling influenced officiating in the NFL. But even if you can, you're over your head on this one.

Great post, agree 100%. It really gets tedious that whenever something even slightly questionable happens, it's some big conspiracy by the ref, gamblers, NFL, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

And it is very irresponsible and offensive to paint the refs as being linked to gamblers without a shred of evidence - I believe that falls under slander/libel.

As I said before, these far out speculations belong in the National Enquirer at the bottom of a bird cage!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:41 pm

At 0:01 right before the camera angle switches you can see him grabbing the jersey. Great find FatFoot.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Chibears » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:19 pm

I guess I don't get it. Why has nobody pointed out the fact that there is directional punting in the NFL? They huddle together and decide which side of the field they want to punt and the rest of the team runs in that general vicinity. Did the punter screw up and kick to the wrong side of the field where NONE of the Packers ran EXCEPT for the punter.......the punter being the one guy who knew where the kick was going? What am I missing? :-S
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby dgan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Yeah, I would love to know what was said in the huddle. Did the punter kick it the wrong way (left instead of right) or did the Bears really fool 10 Packers into >thinking< their punter kicked it the wrong way (right instead of left)? I haven't been able to find an answer on that.

One another note, as a Packer fan - watched the Bartman documentary last night (which was pretty much just a rehash of everything we already knew...waste of time). But it reminded me...Chicago fans of Chicago sports teams (and all fans everywhere, of course) - sometimes you just need to admit your TEAM blew it. Stop blaming it on refs, goats and guys who work in cubicles.

That poor guy. That's just not right. :-t
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 pm

dgan wrote:Yeah, I would love to know what was said in the huddle. Did the punter kick it the wrong way (left instead of right) or did the Bears really fool 10 Packers into >thinking< their punter kicked it the wrong way (right instead of left)? I haven't been able to find an answer on that.

One another note, as a Packer fan - watched the Bartman documentary last night (which was pretty much just a rehash of everything we already knew...waste of time). But it reminded me...Chicago fans of Chicago sports teams (and all fans everywhere, of course) - sometimes you just need to admit your TEAM blew it. Stop blaming it on refs, goats and guys who work in cubicles.

That poor guy. That's just not right. :-t

Dude, that would have happened anywhere. That wasn't a Chicago special.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk