Changing a Roster after the game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Changing a Roster after the game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Changing a Roster after the game

Postby steakhead » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:23 pm

I'm a commish in a league and I'm not sure what to do about an issue. I was texted today and was told by a manager that he had started Welker but that he ended up on his bench. Of course I was texted after the Buff/NE game was over and Welker had a great game. What to do?
steakhead
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Changing a Roster after the game

Postby Cards24 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:43 pm

What website provider are you using? To tell you the truth, that is a first for me. Even if the website did not acknowledge the roster change leave as is. It is better to have one pissed off person than the entire league. Besides it's his responsibility to make sure the correct lineup is submitted. From what you explained I think he is just testing to see if he can get away with one. I would also offer him some help on how to input his roster correctly (maybe walk him threw in week 4). But chances are he will not accept it ;-)
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby glackk » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Yeah hafta agree with Cards here. Sucks for that owner, but you should leave the roster as it was. I know on some sites you have to click the "Save Changes" button to save any roster switches, which might have been missed by the owner. I bet he'll check twice next time!
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigmck » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:06 pm

steakhead wrote:I'm a commish in a league and I'm not sure what to do about an issue. I was texted today and was told by a manager that he had started Welker but that he ended up on his bench. Of course I was texted after the Buff/NE game was over and Welker had a great game. What to do?

And you know that what he said is true because.............That is what I thought. Don't change the lineup.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tizwit » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:29 am

It is the responsibility of each team owner to set and verify their starters. Too bad for the Welker owner, but altering games after-the-fact is a slippery slope.
tizwit
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Rrolack » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:38 pm

The only way I would even think about putting Welker in is if the guy ended up with an empty slot in the roster, and Welker were the only WR on his bench.

I can easily believe the guy had no intention of benching Welker for an empty spot, but if another WR was in there (or even if he had a second WR on his bench, who he could have also claimed he "played" last week), it's tough luck.
Rrolack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Executor111 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Keep in mind, if you make a decision like this to help one person in your league, you lose the confidence of the rest of your league. You have to be fair and impartial all the time to all of the owners.

Also you may want to move your league to ESPN, Yahoo, or NFL.com next year, because I haven't heard of any of the more reputable sites having problems like this.
Executor111
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby ABA316 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:40 pm

I wouldn't even do it if the guy had no other WR's. Sorry to say but that's his problem. I would never consider doing this unless it was prior to the game and the guy couldn't get in the site or something..at that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them text or leave a message in case something were to be said you would have proof.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tah161 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Similar situation happened to me.

I picked up a new defense, and kicker then set them to my starting line-up, come game day (luckily I checked before games started) they werent in the line-up. I had time to adjust them.

I have also had problems when making roster moves from my phone, and then I look on the computer but they didnt register.

Yahoo is my league.

im not saying adjust the guys score, im just saying that this can happen very easily, especially if you make the roster moves from your cell phone.
tah161
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:15 am

tah161 wrote:im not saying adjust the guys score, im just saying that this can happen very easily, especially if you make the roster moves from your cell phone.

Exactly. This is an excellent "educational announcement" situation to send to all the owners in your league. Messages I've used in the past went something like:

"We have had an instance where an owner claimed the website acknowledged his submitted entry, yet the lineup changed on gameday without his knowledge. Unfortunately, I am unable to adjust the scores for this owner as the electronic entry is the only proof we have of what lineup was submitted.

Going forward, please VERIFY (preferably on gameday), that your lineup is as you request. If you feel the site is untrustworthy, you may email me your lineup prior to the 1:00 games - however, be aware that your email trumps all, so you would have to email me again if you make any last minute changes. The time stamp of your email on my end must be prior to kickoff - no exceptions - so don't cut it too close.

If we discover any more technical difficulties with the site, I will recommend to the league that we switch sites."

The problem will never appear again and the owner who didn't double-check his lineup will feel like a putz. :-b
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner