Poll: Will Chris Johnson finish the season a top 8 RB? (wk3) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Poll: Will Chris Johnson finish the season a top 8 RB? (wk3)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Chris Johnson finish the season a top 8 RB?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:45 pm

YES!
22%
NO!
63%
Right around 8ish.
15%

Total votes : 27

Re: Poll: Will Chris Johnson finish the season a top 8 RB? (

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:16 pm

stomperrob wrote:Matthews is a linebacker, but Mathews could be up there by year's end! ;-) :-D

D'OH!

Well, he's spelling his name wrong, and that's not my fault.

I don't want to count on anything, but everything is trending toward Ryan Mathews being much safer as a RB than he looked in the first week or so. It only takes a few screwups to get back to splitting carries. Or... random coach decision making, etc. But this is going sort of more along the lines of how I envisioned it at the start of the year... and I'm down with that.

Back on topic, we all (the football universe) said that last week was going to be the week that CJ gets started. And he failed. So I plug him into my lineup and hear the giant sucking sound each week, but what can you do, when your #1 guy is not injured, and is supposed to be getting plenty of carries? It would be quite a relief to see him hit the century mark on the ground at last. But if he doesn't perform this week, I have to think that there are big problems coming for a great many fantasy football teams.

I was burned the year Chad Johnson was a bum for half of the year and a mega-stud for the second half... I don't think I could even trade CJ away... I'd KNOW that my trade was jinxing my team. :P

I agree... if he does nothing against Cleveland, there's reason to think the year will be a total bust.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:50 pm

More like if he does not get 150 and ATLEAST one TD, then CJ owners better get real scared. For some reason he does not even look like the same guy.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby u_fig_eater » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Don't want to derail this too much, but I think Mathews will have better numbers than Tolbert. It's similar to the Thomas Jones / Jamaal Charles situation last year. Talent just wins out in the NFL, and Mathews is just a better back than Tolbert. Tolbert is a fullback that was thrust into a halfback role only because of Mathews' injuries and rookie struggles last year.

Tolbert's value lay in his usage in the red zone and pass protection. If you saw how Tolbert got stuffed in the NE game, and how Mathews has been money in the red-zone, then you can't logically argue that Tolbert is the red-zone back still. Not to mention Mathews scored 7 TDs last year. If you see how Mathews has 186 yards receiving through three games, you can't logically argue he's not involved in the passing game. It was a good ride with Tolbert, but his fifteen minutes is over. It's Mathews' show now.

Tolbert's not worthless. San Diego's offense is powerful enough to feed two backs. But IMO there's no question who is superior.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sex Panther » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:14 am

u_fig_eater wrote:
Tolbert's not worthless. San Diego's offense is powerful enough to feed two backs. But IMO there's no question who is superior.

+1

And in regards to CJ...

If he doesn't do something in the next 2 weeks, that's when I'd start to get real worried. No OTA's, no training camp, after 3-5 weeks he should be back in "football shape" so to speak.

Loss of Britt hurts, I like Washington as much as the next guy, but Britt needed to be specifically gameplanned for - hey don't let Britt blow the top off our secondary, not sure Washington is going to garner that much respect from d-cords ie. probably won't see the near constant double teams that Britt did, adding another set of eyes to try (and thus far succeed) to contain the 53 million dollar man.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:56 pm

At this point I have little choice but to be patient with CJ. Brit is gone, but rather than think of the crippling effects on CJ, I want to consider maybe it will force the Titans to get him more involved in a short passing game. Cripes, who am I fooling. I just want not to feel stupid on Mondays for having him in my lineup.
Is that so much to ask?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Am I alone in feeling like 101 rushing yards is just not enough to feel like he's on his way back? I think it's fair to be greedy, since he has underperformed until this game... I need to see him break a 50 yard TD run to get the smile back. :P
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:09 pm

FatFoot wrote:Am I alone in feeling like 101 rushing yards is just not enough to feel like he's on his way back? I think it's fair to be greedy, since he has underperformed until this game... I need to see him break a 50 yard TD run to get the smile back. :P

Not alone, and yes it is fair to be greedy... that said it's a definite step in the right direction.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm

FatFoot wrote:Am I alone in feeling like 101 rushing yards is just not enough to feel like he's on his way back? I think it's fair to be greedy, since he has underperformed until this game... I need to see him break a 50 yard TD run to get the smile back. :P

its a step in the right direction....but im with you. any other year this performance would be considered a stinker for chris johnson, and im still holding him to those standards since he was still a 1st round draft pick coming into the season :-B
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk