Whats Wrong With My Roster??? - WHIR!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Whats Wrong With My Roster??? - WHIR!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats Wrong With My Roster??? - WHIR!!!

Postby cubanrob19 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 am

12 team 1/3PPR, 6pt TD's

I am 1-2, and just cant get a good score any week ... I barely pulled off my only win!

Here's my Roster:

Jay Cutler
Sam Bradford

LeSean McCoy
Rashard Mendenhall
Felix Jones
L. Tomlinson

Dez Bryant
Santonio Holmes
Stevie Johnson
David Nelson
Robert Meachem
Nate Washington

Vernon Davis
Fred Davis

Alex Henery (K)

Eagles (D/ST)

This is my first year doing FF ... any recommendations? Should I try to trade any of my players to pick up in a different position?

Thanks in advance ... and WHIR!!!
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Whats Wrong With My Roster??? - WHIR!!!

Postby liono123 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 pm

You're hurting at QB and this year has featured lots of high scoring offenses. There are too many decent options out there to be weak at that position. you're gonna get smoked by any team fielding Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Fitzpatrick, Stafford, Schaub, Romo, etc. Cutler and Bradford are good backup options, but neither is a solid fantasy starter.

Your kicker and defense have been underperforming as well. The Eagles kicker and DST were preseason hot picks, but after three games they've been weaker options. Consider cutting them loose and playing the matchups week to week. If Hanson or Kasay are available at Kicker, I'd swap out Henery.

You're pretty deep at WR, even if you don't have a true #1 guy. Lots of WR2/WR3 options.

You're also not doing so hot because Mendy has had two rough weeks out of three. When one of your top two players is underperforming, you're probably not gonna win your games.

There's not much you can do outside of trying to upgrade at QB and hoping your team puts it together. It's not a bad squad, things just haven't gone your way so far.
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby cspirk » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Agreed with the analysis above. I would see if I could try and flip Dez + either of your QBs to upgrade to a more elite QB. Dez is a sexy player and someone may bite (easier to replentish at WR). I assume this is a re-draft, otherwise you may want to hold onto Bradford instead.
cspirk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Game » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Your qb's aren't great but the biggest problem your team has had so far is lack of consistency. I don't know how many guys you start but outside of McCoy and Stevie Johnson some of your playmakers haven't shown up every week.
Game
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby jetsflagboyz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:38 pm

I think your team is pretty good. Give it a little and I'm also surprised you're not winning.
QB could use an upgrade and the Eagles D hasn't been all it was supposed to be cracked up to be. I would look to upgrade those spots.

Thanks for helping mine.
PPR - 12 team -- 1 waiver pickup a week

Matt Ryan
C. Johnson / J. Stewart
Jennings / Bowe/ Decker (Flex)
Pettigrew
Feely
PITT
Bench: Fred Davis / TITANS / Cam Newton / Crabtree / B. Jacobs / M. Ingram
jetsflagboyz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cubanrob19 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:40 pm

liono123 wrote:You're hurting at QB and this year has featured lots of high scoring offenses. There are too many decent options out there to be weak at that position. you're gonna get smoked by any team fielding Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Fitzpatrick, Stafford, Schaub, Romo, etc. Cutler and Bradford are good backup options, but neither is a solid fantasy starter.

Your kicker and defense have been underperforming as well. The Eagles kicker and DST were preseason hot picks, but after three games they've been weaker options. Consider cutting them loose and playing the matchups week to week. If Hanson or Kasay are available at Kicker, I'd swap out Henery.

You're pretty deep at WR, even if you don't have a true #1 guy. Lots of WR2/WR3 options.

You're also not doing so hot because Mendy has had two rough weeks out of three. When one of your top two players is underperforming, you're probably not gonna win your games.

There's not much you can do outside of trying to upgrade at QB and hoping your team puts it together. It's not a bad squad, things just haven't gone your way so far.

Yea, Ill def agree with on regarding the Eagles D/ST ... they have scored me 23/14/7 the first 3 weeks ... they just keep going down hill!

I dont think Henery has done bad, just prob average ... he's scored me 7/7/10 the first 3 weeks.

And yea, Mendenhall has been very dissapointing thus far ... he needs to get his shit together! lol

I just dont konw what QB to try and go for and what kind of trae offer to send his way.
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cubanrob19 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:44 pm

cspirk wrote:Agreed with the analysis above. I would see if I could try and flip Dez + either of your QBs to upgrade to a more elite QB. Dez is a sexy player and someone may bite (easier to replentish at WR). I assume this is a re-draft, otherwise you may want to hold onto Bradford instead.

ok, I like this idea ... I looked and noticed that the guy that lost Britt has C. Johnson, but no other good WR's ... So I sent him an offer of Dez + Cutler for his Aaron Rodgers. What do you think of that deal if he accepts?
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cubanrob19 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:47 pm

What would be a good D/ST to be looking for?
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Oatsdad » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:18 pm

cubanrob19 wrote:What would be a good D/ST to be looking for?

Thanks for helping in my thread! ;-D

I'd hold onto the PHI DEF a little longer and see if they can start to live up to expectations. If they don't come around in another 2-3 weeks, I'd just stream defenses. That's what I do in all my leagues - I don't get attached to any single DEF and I just pick the one on the WW with the best matchup each week...
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cubanrob19 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Oatsdad wrote:
cubanrob19 wrote:What would be a good D/ST to be looking for?

Thanks for helping in my thread! ;-D

I'd hold onto the PHI DEF a little longer and see if they can start to live up to expectations. If they don't come around in another 2-3 weeks, I'd just stream defenses. That's what I do in all my leagues - I don't get attached to any single DEF and I just pick the one on the WW with the best matchup each week...

Yea, I would love to do that, but it costs me $6 everytime I add/drop ... I've already spent too much mula on this league!
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next