QB Dilema, WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB Dilema, WHIR 100%

Postby ICanGoAllTheWay » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Ok, I need some advice at QB. I can only play 1 of these guys, so choose 1:

Romo vs Detroit
Kolb vs NYG
Jason Cambell vs NE

Okay, so Romo seems like the obvious choice. But I'm worried about him, not because his rib injury, but because of his lack of weapons around him. All he has is Dez and Witten, and Dez isn't even close to 100%. You could see how frustrated he was with Ogeltree and Laurent Robinson in yesterday's MNF game. Cambell is really intriguing because you know it will be a high scoring game because he is playing New England. Do I take a shot at going with Cambell?
ICanGoAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB Dilema, WHIR 100%

Postby JoDant06 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:18 pm

I would say its almost a toss up. With Detroit having a very good D-line Romo could go out with an injury fairly quickly. NYG secondary is the most banged up in the NFL right now. You would think Fitzgerald should have a hay day on them with Kolb. Pats defense is not lookin very good at all right now. With McFadden kind of having an injury, he may get less carries and Campbell throw it more.

Take a shot on Kolb, could be a long shot, but could pay off in the end
PPR league
QB - RG3, Dalton
RB - Murray, SJackson, McFadden, Tate, Bolden, Powell
WR - Calvin, Nicks, Amendola, Bess
TE - Gonzalez, Cook
JoDant06
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Booyah85 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:25 pm

I think you are right about Romo. He looked pissed last night and for good reason - his team was falling apart around him.

If Chad Henne can put up big numbers against NE, then I think Campbell can do it as well. I would go for Campbell but it is a gamble.
Booyah85
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 1swift » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:58 am

I'd take a shot with campbell..Romo let me down last week but luckily i benched him...I dont like his prognosis with the line messing up snaps and detroit is gonna get quality shots on him I'm sure

I do not trust kolb as of yet but i think he could put up numbers just throwing it up to fitzgerald...I'd lean to campbell with kolb right behind him and romo a distant 3rd

that all changes if miles austin plays though

Help me out:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500009
1swift
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jblaze102 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 am

Detroit has one of the scariest D-lines in football if you ask me. Romo is going out for the season if Suh gets ahold of him. Sit him. or better yet trade him..lol.

Kolb really only has 1 weapon and that's Larry Fitzgerald. The Giants may not be able to cover him but they can still generate a pass rush on Kolb really hindering the amount of time he has to throw it out to Larry. That leaves Jason Campbell who is playing hot lately (ignoring the performance against the Jets) in a favorable matchup. I know he's Jason Campbell but you cannot ignore the signs. Trust in the gods. The signs are there.

....I'm saying Jason Campbell in case my cryptic message didn't register.
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Return to Who to Start/Bench