Trade Help ** 100% WHIR ** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Help ** 100% WHIR **

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Help ** 100% WHIR **

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:43 am

Want to move Tate ASAP, Foster owner has A. Hernandez sitting around. Would you trade Tate for Hernandez? or hang on to Tate and hope against hope that Foster doesnt come back 100% or re-injures himself. See roster below.

12 team PPR
QB: Flacco, Freeman
RB: McCoy, CJ2K, D. Thomas, Tate, Starks, R. Bush
WR: White, Marshall, S. Moss, Nelson, Bess
TE: Clark, Dickson

At this point I think I'd also try to move Clark but I'd need him to actually show up and play first...

His roster
QB: Cam, Schaub, Bradford
RB: Foster, Beanie, Jacobs, Karim, Barber
WR: D Jax, Britt (hasnt dropped him yet), S Smith, Plax, Bennett

His team is obviously pretty banged up and not lookin too hot at all, problem is I'd like to get a little more out of Tate, but I think I waited too long to try to trade him. What would you do? Just take Hernandez or try for more?

Leave a link!!!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Help ** 100% WHIR **

Postby offthebeatnpath » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 am

That's a tough call. I see what you're sayin with Tate, but it's still worth a try. He probably has to be hurting right now, but because of the loss of Britt, he might not be looking to pick up rb's right now and only look for wr's. But anyway, I think you should shoot for Hernandez and maybe someone to stash, like a handcuff or something like Karim.

Help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=499978
offthebeatnpath
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am

I see two options. One would be to go after D-Jax. The other would be to buy low on Foster.

For D-Jax(and Hernandez), you could offer him Tate, Marshall and Moss(or replace one WR with starks). Or you could offer CJ2K, Santana Moss(or Marshall) and Nelson(or Starks) for Foster, Jackson and Hernandez.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:18 am

DVauthrin wrote:I see two options. One would be to go after D-Jax. The other would be to buy low on Foster.

For D-Jax(and Hernandez), you could offer him Tate, Marshall and Moss(or replace one WR with starks). Or you could offer CJ2K, Santana Moss(or Marshall) and Nelson(or Starks) for Foster, Jackson and Hernandez.

Before Britt went down, he was concidering doing DJax and Hernandez for Tate and S. Moss.. Not sure he'd do that now, and I'm not sure I like how inconsistant DJax is, at least Moss will get you a solid 5-60 every week.

I'd be curious about doing a Foster deal, but I really want to keep Marshall, I think he's due for a much better year this year. I also just landed CJ as I love his schedule and HOPE he'll turn it around
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 am

Buy low on Bradford, get Karim (as a needed handcuff).
Offer him:

Reggie Bush, Dickson, Freeman and Moss
for his
Djax, Karim and Hernandez.

This way you have a TE upgrade for the stretch run. A valuable handcuff, and a slight IMO QB upgrade and a WR upgrade, Bush is losing value quick. This would help you get something for him.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 am

MadDog36 wrote:Buy low on Bradford, get Karim (as a needed handcuff).
Offer him:

Reggie Bush, Dickson, Freeman and Moss
for his
Djax, Karim and Hernandez.

This way you have a TE upgrade for the stretch run. A valuable handcuff, and a slight IMO QB upgrade and a WR upgrade, Bush is losing value quick. This would help you get something for him.

While I agree that Bradford would be a slight upgrade to Freeman, the problem is that Freeman and Flacco have the same week 5 bye. I actually really like what I'm seeing out of Dickson and was thinking of doing a Santana Moss, Dallas Clark, and Tate for Hernandez and DeSean deal, but then I run into a problem with Dickson who has a week5 bye and I'm not sure Hernandez will be back by then..

I need more opinions!!! And more links! I'm bored at work!!!!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby BigBlue1030 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:17 pm

I actually really like what I am seeing out of Tate, and I ride him out. I also am in agreement with you over Dickson. I think he will become a solid TE, and has outperformed Pitta significantly. You could upgrade your WR core by getting rid of a Tate or Thomas
BigBlue1030
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby t12jm » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:36 pm

I would go for more, even after Foster returns, they won't ride him like they did last year because of the injury risk. Tate still has that value, plus the potential that Fosters out longer or reinjures. At best Hernandez has to compete with all the other receivers in the Pats offense, and Gronkowski-Brady is hot at the moment.

I say go for more if you really want to unload tate
t12jm
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bricox171 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:39 pm

BigBlue1030 wrote:I actually really like what I am seeing out of Tate, and I ride him out. I also am in agreement with you over Dickson. I think he will become a solid TE, and has outperformed Pitta significantly. You could upgrade your WR core by getting rid of a Tate or Thomas

I agree here. No way HOU takes away alot of Tates carries when Foster comes back. I think he will still be somewhat usable. Flacco checks down ALOT to his TE's which increases the value of Dickson. I believe he will be a great TE from here on out.

Lil help please?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=500078
bricox171
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby carloscorp7 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:46 pm

I need help in a trade. Im in a league that awards .5 points per reception. I got a trade offer which will give me chris johnson and santonio holmes for jahvid best and mike wallace. Should I do it? I have lesean mccoy, roy helu, and mark ingram as my rbs while i have calvin johnson, percy harvin, denarius moore, and robert meachem as my wrs.
carloscorp7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions