Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Big Ben @ HOU

Pick 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, and 1 RB/WR/TE
Bernard Scott vs. BUF
Darren Sproles @ JAC
Eric Decker @ GBP
David Nelson @ CIN
Jimmy Graham @ JAC

Tough call with Sproles and Graham. Jacksonville's defense is actually Top 7 in passing, rushing, and overall. But this will be a big test. Nelson and Decker have been solid too. Scott seems like a decent option assuming Benson is out.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to start? WHIR 100%

Postby jblaze102 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:09 am

Some tough calls here. But I'm willing to make em.
CIN is one of those defenses that can shut you down when they decide to show up. This won't be one of those weeks. Too many off-the-field distractions going into this week for them. I have this vision of Mike Wallace burning Houston's secondary badly. At the same time however, let's not forget Big Ben loves to get sacked. He friggin' LOVES IT! Weighing both of these scenarios, I can only come to one logical conclusion. BELIEVE IN THE FITZ MAGIC!

Darren Sproles. Start him. He's too explosive not to. He's also a threat on kick returns. He's a must-start if you ask me.

There's too many question marks regarding Bernard Scott. Will Benson play? If he does play how much of the load will he get? Will LJ or Clinton Portis come in and snatch away the job? I wouldn't mess with that kind of headache. I will say this though: If there's no question marks surrounding Bernard Scott; he has some wonderful matchups and he's good enough to take advantage of them. For now I would sit him though.

If you're gonna believe in the whole Fitz Magic thing then you're gonna have to believe in Nelson too. Keep in mind he's lower on the totem pole but looking at your other playing options, I would give him the start.
Eric Decker took a hit in production last week with the return of Brandon Lloyd. Too much of a gamble for me and considering the matchup; I would stay away from him.
Finally, Jimmy Graham. Did you see last week's performace against HOU!? If you did you wouldn't be asking who to start? He was a monster and they will need a man with his talents against JAX. Start him.
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Re: Who to start? WHIR 100%

Postby markulous » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks for the detailed response! Definitely helps me out.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Who to Start/Bench