Romo, Sanchez, hasselbeck. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Romo, Sanchez, hasselbeck. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Romo, Sanchez, hasselbeck. WHIR

Postby 1swift » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 am

2nd league/ 12 team HxH standard scoring

Each has pretty bad machups defense wise...All 3 are in the bottom of the league in terms of points given up to QBs.

Romo is hurting and detroit seems like a nightmare for him. I think he's gonna take some hard shots and Dal line is not right right now at all (fairley is looking to suit up too right)

Hasselbeck has cleveland, Dont know what to really expect here..filled in solid for me last week for romo, but he's lost britt. He was good at spreading it around last week but that still makes him a scary start

Sanchez has baltimore...in terms of this year, baltimore has given up more pts than detroit or cleveland but i still value them as a better d than cleveland, sanchez had a great game (would have won last week if i started him) but I think he comes back to earth and quick this week

What do you guys think?
1swift
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Romo, Sanchez, hasselbeck. WHIR

Postby jblaze102 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:25 am

Monday morning's paper is going to read:
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Tony Romo snapped in two by Nndomakong Suh! (Hey, that ryhmes)

Everyone knows that Sanchez is the weak link on the Jets. I don't care what the stats say. Stats lie. Stats say Emmitt Smith was the best rusher of all time. Does anyone actually believe that!? I'm getting off track here... Sanchez is a product of talent around him but that is not going to matter this week. Ed Reed reads Mark Sanchez like a children's book. Sure he'll grab some points but he's a sit for me this week.

Hasselbeck is a QB. The guy has been throwin it down for years and his ability to come into a whole new system in Tennessee and still perform at a high level only proves how much of a QB he is. He's lost Kenny Britt though which WILL hurt him. I do think he can still go into Cleveland though and perform.

In closing, Hasselbeck is the conservative pick. He's not going to get you alot but he's not going to lay an egg on you either.
Romo is the risk/reward pick. Huge risk involved with an equal amount of potential reward. I like these kinds of plays. I would roll with Romo. ................................Sanchez is the risk/risk pick.
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cutiepie80 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 am

Romo, I expect a shootout.

please help
viewtopic.php?t=500059
cutiepie80
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cubanrob19 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:33 am

Im think Romo is the best start for you this week. He has proven that he can control that offense and throw the ball no matter who's coming after him.

I would put Sanchez as your second choice ... Baltimore has shown that they can be thrown on, and I can see the Jets being down early in the game and having to come back throwing the ball a lot in the second half.

I wouldnt start Hasselback at all this week ... with Britt gone, now his #2 reciever which has been producing good numbers will be covered more aggressivly and in turn I believe his numbers will go down as well, so its a double loss to him!

Best of Luck!

Help a brotha out …
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500065
viewtopic.php?t=500048
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner