need WR help - Holmes/D Nelson/Jaffney/Decker/Moore - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

need WR help - Holmes/D Nelson/Jaffney/Decker/Moore - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

need WR help - Holmes/D Nelson/Jaffney/Decker/Moore - WHIR

Postby Honeybadgers » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 am

I have 6 mediocore WRs and need to start 3 of them in a 12 team, PPR League.

Jacoby Ford is on IR, so i'll probably need to get rid of one of these guys

Santino Holmes (NYJ @ Bal)- Coming off a terrible outing in which as much as the ball was thrown he should have been targeted more.

David Nelson (Buf @ CIn) - had a good weekend last week and is fighting to be the number 2 WR for a Buffalo team that throws a lot.

Gabar Jaffney (Was @StL) - Also is starting to step up and appears to be Washington's number 2 behind Moss.

Eric Decker (Den @ GB) - Was able to get a lot of looks even after Lloyd came back into the game.

Lance Moore (NO @ Jac) - Didn't start him last week, waiting to see how he came back off the injury. Whoops!

Jacoby Ford ( Oak vs NE) - Still questionable, but if healthy don't want to make the same mistake I did with Moore, esp since he's playing a NE defense at home.

Looking for input on which 3 I should start and if i have to activate Ford this week, which WR do I drop?

Thanks and leave your link and I will help in return
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: need WR help - Holmes/D Nelson/Jaffney/Decker/Moore - WH

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Gaffney is the drop for sure. As for the starters, I would roll with Nelson and Moore for sure. Hate Decker's matchup, and there's no way I'm starting Gaffney or Ford at this point, so I suppose that makes Santonio your last start ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Honeybadgers » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Sorry - One time bump

I think I'm leaning Nelson, Moore and then Decker. Agreed, I don't like Decker's match up but nervous about Santonio's lack of targets the last two games

Any other thoughts?

post your link and I'll help
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bunnnnny » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:50 pm

I'd probably agree with Moore, Nelson, Decker. Decker may be getting a lot of looks considering the broncos will most likely be playing catch up. Then again my 2 cents aren't worth much since I am in a similar predicament and am not sure what to do haha.
bunnnnny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Goldark » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Honeybadgers wrote:Sorry - One time bump

I think I'm leaning Nelson, Moore and then Decker. Agreed, I don't like Decker's match up but nervous about Santonio's lack of targets the last two games

Any other thoughts?

post your link and I'll help

What's wrong with Decker's matchup? Green Bay allows 359 yards of passing per game - 2nd worst in the league. Combine that with Denver playing catchup and you got plenty of potential targets for him.
Goldark
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Al Del Greco » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:26 pm

I would start Lance Moore, Santonio Holmes and Nelson.
GO NINERS!!!
Al Del Greco
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Honeybadgers » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Goldark wrote:
Honeybadgers wrote:

What's wrong with Decker's matchup? Green Bay allows 359 yards of passing per game - 2nd worst in the league. Combine that with Denver playing catchup and you got plenty of potential targets for him.

Sorry meant I don't care for Nelson's match up. Cinn isn't giving up a lot of passing yards. However it was against Cinn that Decker had his coming out party and I see Nelson similar to Decker in that they are both hungry and trying to establish themselves as the number 2 option.
Honeybadgers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby drhanl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:56 pm

I agree with the majority. Holmes, Moore, Nelson

I'm not sure why everyone is down on Holmes after 1 bad game. BAL is 29th against the pass so far. I think he has a really nice game this week.

Moore, is going to be hit or miss, but in PPR, I would go with him. D. Nelson has only 3 less targets and 23 less yards than Stevie Johnson. He's considered a stud/must start. I think Nelson is a nice play every week.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500548
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby ckeenza » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:06 pm

I'd go with Holmes, Decker, Moore

I know the decker pick isn't as popular, but you need to consider that Lloyd is going to take a lot of attention from GB defense. They are already giving up big yards in the passing game so this should allow Decker to not only get good looks, but put up some numbers.

I just love moore and have him in both my leagues, but can obviously bust. You can't drop him though, especially in ppr.

Don't get crazy on hating holmes. Playing a defense that is real bad at pass defense also and he is there best guy.

Any help here is appreciated --> http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=500552#p3362877
ckeenza
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench