FLEX Decision: 3 RB's or 2 RB's / 1 WR? [WHIR!] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

FLEX Decision: 3 RB's or 2 RB's / 1 WR? [WHIR!]

Moderator: Football Moderators

FLEX Decision: 3 RB's or 2 RB's / 1 WR? [WHIR!]

Postby FU - Football Univ. » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:21 am

Got some tricky matchups this week, and I'm not sure who I should trust as my starters at RB and FLEX. Take a look at my roster below and let me know what you think:

10-Team PPR League - 1 pt. per 10 yds rush/rec, 6 pts per rush/rec TD
QB - Stafford
RB's - Pick 2: SJax (vs WAS), FJax (@ CIN), Blount (vs IND), Best (@ DAL), Starks (vs DEN)
FLEX - Pick 1 of the RB's not chosen above, or 1 of these WR's: M. Williams - TB (vs. IND), Burleson (@ DAL), Manningham (@ ARI)
WR's - A. Johnson, S. Smith - CAR
TE - Chandler
K - Rackers
DST - Giants

Right now, I'm leaning towards Blount & FJax as my starters @ RB. At FLEX, I'd like to give SJax a start, but I also like Starks' matchup at home vs. Denver this week (esp. if Grant is dealing w/ and injury). Best had a good game last week, but mostly via the pass. M. Williams has been a disappointment so far, and I'm worried about Manningham's concussion issues.

Thanks in advance - as always, any and all input is welcome and greatly appreciated!
[WHIR - leave link]
Last edited by FU - Football Univ. on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
FU - Football Univ.
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: FLEX Decision: 3 RB's or 2 RB's / 1 WR? [WHIR!]

Postby joegoody41 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks for help on mine.

Fred Jackson has been a beast thus far, so you have to ride him for now. Then I would go with Best as your RB2. Andre Johnson is a must at WR, in spite of the matchup, and then it's pretty close between Jackson and Smith, but with the way the Rams have looked lately, they might not having much opportunity to run the ball, and SJAX has been a bit banged up. I'd go with Steve Smith over him.

So Fred Jackson, Best, Andre, and Steve Smith. Good luck.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)

Postby cloudng8 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:04 am

Hey thanks for the help man. I would def start best and fred jacks... both are having great seasons.. I have best and he's been putting up good numbers... andre is def a must as well. As far as your flex I would go with smith he's due for a good game.
Fantasy team(2012)
Qb:Michael Vick
Rb:Matt Forte
Rb:MJD
Rb/Wr: A.j green
Wr: mike wallace
Wr:wes welker
Te:Aaron Hernandez
D:Cinn
K:Gould
cloudng8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cubanrob19 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 am

I agree, 2 RB's should be F.Jax and Best. and I see your already starting Johnson and Smith, so for your flex spot, I think it should be between S.Jax and Manningham. Im kinda leaning a tad towards S.Jax, only because the Rams really need to play good this week, and although I dont think SJax will kill it on the ground, I can see Bradford dumping a lot of passes off to him.

Best of Luck!

Help a brotha out …
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500065
viewtopic.php?t=500048
RECORD: 1-3
QB: J.Cutler, M.Hasselbeck, T.Tebow
RB: L.McCoy, R.Mendenhall, F.Jones, L.Tomlinson, I.Redman
WR: D.Bryant, S.Holmes, Stevie Johnson, D.Nelson, N.Washington
TE: V.Davis
K: A.Henery
D/ST: Bengals
cubanrob19 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby HotHandz305 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 am

Idk if its just me but the first two repleis seem like they didnt read it correctly.

I'd obviously go with F. Jax and J. Best as the starting RBs.

Given whats left over I really Like Blount at flex with his match up vs Ind. I see TB leading this match up the entire game and running alot agaisnt a weak run D.
Week 13 Roster
QB Tony Romo
WR1 Greg Jennings
WR2 Vincent Jax
RB1 Arian Foster
RB2 LeSean McCoy
TE Vernon Davis
Flex (W/R/T) Willis McGahee
K Billy Cundiff
DST GB
IDP Patrick Willis
BEN Roy Helu
BEN Fred Davis
BEN Stevie Johnson
BEN Pitt D/ST
HotHandz305
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:49 pm

i say Blount , FJax and SJax. blount will get some garbage time carries. FJax has been solid and you might as well use SJax while he's healthy.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby joegoody41 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:00 pm

joegoody41 wrote:Thanks for help on mine.

Fred Jackson has been a beast thus far, so you have to ride him for now. Then I would go with Best as your RB2. Andre Johnson is a must at WR, in spite of the matchup, and then it's pretty close between Jackson and Smith, but with the way the Rams have looked lately, they might not having much opportunity to run the ball, and SJAX has been a bit banged up. I'd go with Steve Smith over him.

So Fred Jackson, Best, Andre, and Steve Smith. Good luck.

I just realized that I misread your initial question, and that you are already starting Andre and Steve Smith.

Ok, so go with Fred Jackson and Best at RB, and then I'd go with Blount at the flex. With the Rams struggling right now, I think you have to avoid S. Jackson for the time being.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)

Postby FU - Football Univ. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:41 am

*Bump*
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Right now, I think I'm starting FJax, Best - But still having a tough time deciding between SJax, Blount & Starks... With Grant now out this week, I wasn't sure if Starks was more a appealing option than Blount @ FLEX - especially with the PPR format.

Love to hear if anyone's opinions on this have changed.

Thanks!
FU - Football Univ.
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dolfan19 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:52 am

I would go FJax and Best as your two RBs and I would go SJax as a flex. Felix just had a good game against Was, and I see no reason why SJax should not succeed also. GB is a pass first team, and their FB Kuhn has already vultured 2 rushing TDs in 3 weeks. I really hate when my starting RB goes the whole drive and then gets pulled by the endzone, so I would avoid starks since you have better options. Blount has a good looking matchup, but I think I would give the edge to Sjax here. (Indy did a pretty good job against PIT and Mendy)

if you can help w/ mine... viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500860&p=3364225#p3364225
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Return to Who to Start/Bench