Help at Flex/WR, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Help at Flex/WR, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help at Flex/WR, WHIR

Postby joegoody41 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:48 am

Standard scoring, with 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 Flex spot.

McCoy is a lock as my RB1, and then I'm trying to decide between Chris Johnson @ CLE vs. Jahvid Best @ DAL. Is it too early to bench CJ? He could break out at any time and CLE seems as good a matchup as any, but then again we thought that against and Denver and Jacksonville too. Teams have been stacking the box against him, and no one wants to be the team that he runs all over. Will the Britt injury help or hurt him? He should have a bigger role in the passing game now, but also opponents can focus even more on the run now. Best didn't run the ball well last week, but is a factor in the passing game, so his combined yardage should generate at least 8-10 points, and then if he gets a score it's even better. I can't really justify benching him.

At WR, I'm trying to choose 2 (or 3, if I bench either Best or Johnson) out of Marshall, Bowe, Santana Moss, and Wayne. Even if he isn't scoring TDs, Marshall is too much a part of that offense to bench, in my opinion. Similarly, Bowe has an important role and has put up good numbers the past week, but has a history of being inconsistent, and defenses have shown in the past that they can lock him up. Moss hasn't put up flashy numbers, but has been very consistent and has a great matchup. Could Wayne benefit from having Painter at QB?

So Basically, out of the following, I need to pick 1 RB, 2 WR, and 1 Flex:

CJ @ CLE
Best @ DAL
Marshall @ SD
Bowe vs. MIN
S. Moss @ STL
Wayne @ TB

Thanks in advance. Leave a link and I'll help you out.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help at Flex/WR, WHIR

Postby FU - Football Univ. » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:05 am

Since it's standard scoring, I think you gotta stick with CJ here. Browns are ranked near the bottom of the league in rush defense... At some points CJ's gotta have his breakout game, and this one could be it. With Britt gone, the Titans may look to getting him the ball early and often, too.

I would go with Wayne & Bowe @ WR, as they have the best matchups IMO.

Good luck!

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500042
FU - Football Univ.
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joegoody41 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:38 am

FU - Football Univ. wrote:Since it's standard scoring, I think you gotta stick with CJ here. Browns are ranked near the bottom of the league in rush defense... At some points CJ's gotta have his breakout game, and this one could be it. With Britt gone, the Titans may look to getting him the ball early and often, too.

I would go with Wayne & Bowe @ WR, as they have the best matchups IMO.

Good luck!

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=500042

Thanks. But then who would you go with at the Flex spot?
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sppierce10 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:43 am

I'D go CJ, Moss, Marshall, & Best. It's hard to start Bowe & Wayne with Cassel and Painter throwing to them.
sppierce10
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Postby VickFan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:03 pm

CJ, Bowe, Moss, and Best.
10 Team Standard League. (Record: 7-3)

QB - Cam, Palmer
WR - Welker, A. Johnson, S. Smith, P. Harvin, A. Brown
RB - Forte, Mendenhall, R. Matthews, Bush
TE - Finley
K - Kasay
DEF - NYJ
VickFan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joegoody41 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for the replies so far. The general feeling seems to be to stick with CJ and go with Best at the flex.

The decision at WR seems less clear, as I've gotten three separate votes: 1 for Wayne and Bowe, 1 for Marshall and Moss, and one for Moss and Bowe. This is a tough one.
joegoody41
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dandlewood » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:54 pm

sppierce10 wrote:I'D go CJ, Moss, Marshall, & Best. It's hard to start Bowe & Wayne with Cassel and Painter throwing to them.

^^ this
dandlewood
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:02 pm

Id hate to bench CJ, but Best is a decent option, so i think id try him until CJ shows some signs of life. Then id go with Marshall and Bowe. Both are the only real options in their offenses and shoudl get plenty of looks.

(i think this might depend on your record too. If you are 3-0, then you might be able to ride out the storm with CJ and maybe even Wayne, but if you are 1-2 or 0-3, things are getting desperate and id make some changes. ) hope that helps, thanks for help on mine.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Return to Who to Start/Bench